Wiki Posts
Search

NAIA T3 Transit QR-CX Procedure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
NAIA T3 Transit QR-CX Procedure

I'm going to be flying DOH-MNL-HKG on two separate tickets, QR DOH-MNL and CX MNL-HKG. Both are at NAIA T3 and I have around 3.5 hours between flights.

QR now allows through check on OW carriers even on separate tickets, so I'm expecting them to tag my bags to HKG. However, I've read that at NAIA you have to clear immigration and collect your baggage and recheck even if you're in transit. Is that information still correct? Or can I just go from the QR flight to my CX flight without doing immigration and/or collecting my bags?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club, CX MPC, Marriot Rewards, Priority Club
A co-worker did that route early last month (it was a round trip).

For DOH-MNL-HKG. Ground staff (QR?) greeted him after disembarking, took him thru immigration, then he had to collect his luggage, then go thru customs and then to the CX counter to re-check his luggage. Didn't ask him how long it took.

For the return trip, HKG-MNL-DOH, CX ground staff meet him at MNL but they (CX) collected his luggage for him and brought it to him to re-check. He didn't have to go thru Immigration/customs like he did the first time, instead he waited in the transit area for the CX ground staff to bring the luggage to him.

That was in the 1st week of January, not sure if anything have changed.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Thanks. This is helpful.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
Originally Posted by thekfc
A co-worker did that route early last month (it was a round trip).

For DOH-MNL-HKG. Ground staff (QR?) greeted him after disembarking, took him thru immigration, then he had to collect his luggage, then go thru customs and then to the CX counter to re-check his luggage. Didn't ask him how long it took.

For the return trip, HKG-MNL-DOH, CX ground staff meet him at MNL but they (CX) collected his luggage for him and brought it to him to re-check. He didn't have to go thru Immigration/customs like he did the first time, instead he waited in the transit area for the CX ground staff to bring the luggage to him.

That was in the 1st week of January, not sure if anything have changed.
I experienced the same thing, done in Dec and early Jan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.