Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Same-day earlier flight change possible for OWE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same-day earlier flight change possible for OWE?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kkl
Managed to change a AM award ticket hkg-tpe-kix on cx-jl to a direct hkg-kix without any charge at the transit desk

Award space was not released closer to depature for the direct flight as I had been waitlisted for that.
Yea, that's to be expected. Congratulations. Granted, it is a different situation than the ones in this thread.

Asia Miles = YES can change flights on space-available basis. (And at airport, control has discretion to open cash buckets to Asia Miles). No upfare and generally change fees aren't enforced.

Cash ticket = must follow fare rules. Update / change fees enforced.

For posterity: people flying on Asia Miles awards tickets are in a superior position (from a "no upfare / no change fee" perspective, and overall flexibility) to make last minute changes versus restricted, lower subfare cash Y, PEY and J tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.