Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

77G will be outfitted with Regional J! [fake news] [bad IT]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold

Late night laughs; apparently CX is teasing us with a new 77G config (technically 77K on this flight) - to be outfitted with regional J seats! ..or maybe it's foreshadowing something 77H seems to be unaffected as of now

Another example of poor IT on CX's end.

However, I've noticed that CX's website has become much more unresponsive lately compared to the past.

On a side note, since this is actually operated by a 3-4-3 77K and I'm curious to see what the new seats are like in Y, is it okay to just walk back and plop myself down for a few minutes or is it better to ask beforehand from a purser for permission first before just sitting down.

Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Where were the regional seats in this? Or am I missing something?
windchaser777 and OWHKG2016 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SuloL
Where were the regional seats in this? Or am I missing something?
I suppose the OP was referring to the shape of the seats in the seat map diagram, whereas in the first picture, the seats are shaped squarish (instead of showing a more detailed herringbone layout), much like the ones depicting regional J seats.

FWIW, the A350 seat map also displays the J seat as such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.