Wiki Posts
Search

Pier and Wing F lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Just sitting in Pier First Class Lounge Dining Room today, and over the course of an hour, saw the guest at the table next to me order almost every starter and main course on the menu. However, the guest only took one or two bites of each dish and then moved onto the next one.

I would say that at least two-thirds of the food was wasted.

The attendants didn’t say a thing...just kept bringing the dishes out one after another.
some people just want to try everything and not everyone has class

ps: if you have worked as a pt waiter, you will not feel you need to post it here- or you just have to go to a lounge 15 minutes before closing.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by kaka

some people just want to try everything and not everyone has class

ps: if you have worked as a pt waiter, you will not feel you need to post it here- or you just have to go to a lounge 15 minutes before closing.
Whether I have worked as a waiter or not is irrelevant to my posting here. Wasting food was the main topic here.

I have also travelled extensively enough to know the difference between “last order” when a Lounge is closing.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I saw the same in a hotel in Tokyo I was in recently. Chinese family pretty much took everything from the buffet to their own table, plate fulls of food, and left most of it. It seems to be the way they think - not "what do I want" but "lets grab everything for my family and we will decide later what to eat". Mostly in hotels etc I just ignore what is going on around me, but this just left me so mad. And yes, it was all about the waste (and the inconvenience to other diners who had to wait for the dishes to be refilled!)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:19 am

At some point in the not too distant past, buffets in Singapore started displaying signage that if you take too much food without eating, they will be weighed and charged, and the money collected goes to charity. Maybe CX needs to impose this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.