Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:16 pm

As part of the new service, are the staff still empowered to turn all the lights on and serve the pre-landing meal ("brunch") halfway through the flight if they decide that "people are hungry" and they don't want to have to serve on-demand snacks?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:56 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
That beef cheek main course looks terrible. It’s hard for the crew to show their creativity when they’re given slop to work with.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:14 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:25 pm

The menu should've read: A celebration of beige, poured from colostomy bag
fakecd, Alawyer, QRC3288 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:48 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
so... this is the improvement?

Sad.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:01 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Also it looks like the tray still exists (which I'm fine with if it means a faster service), but they removed the fabric placemat? ie before it used to be tablecloth on the table, and then another fabric placemat on top of the tray. Now it looks like an economy tray with a paper insert.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
any difference with the Dine on Demand style in CX First?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by clubeurope

so... this is the improvement?

Sad.
Well it seems like it is an improvement from the current casserole dishes, at least the sauce isn't all over the sides of the plate....is it at par or better than other leading airlines? definitely not.
clubeurope likes this.

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Aug 8, 2018 at 3:13 am
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I also noticed that there are now only two types of cheese available on the cheese plate vs three before. One of the 'enhancements' again I see. Honestly, how much can an extra cheese cost? CX Catering is a total joke!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Carfield
Wow the new menus look not that different except they have cut back on main course choices PS. [just putting your snack menu items into your lunch menu does not mean that you are offering more choices]. However, I like the two additional appetizer choices, but with this new menu, they manage to cut the salad course. The breakfast looks weaker than before. Hopefully the real meals look better.
+1 to these critiques. Especially for 806, if I don't want an Asian main course/entree, I'm stuck with the burger or farro salad. They'd better be loading more of those burgers to cater to those looking to order it as a midflight snack as well.

Also, I note that 807 has gone to a lunch-brunch schedule, as opposed to lunch-dinner in the old regime.

This all looks cheap and sad on CX's front.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Yes indeed, just comes to me as cut cut and cut as usual, this time in an (oh-so-slightly) cosmetic way.

if offerings on the ORD route are being cut to this extent, what will LGW be like? 1 proper main? LOL
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
With SQ starting and also expanding their non stop flights to SFO/LAX, I think it is time for me to jump ship. Lower fares and far, far better service.

I really don't want to change alliances, but I guess I have no choice really.

The salad going away is a real dealbreaker for me. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but a 2nd dessert option is also gone.

I'm not sure what CX is thinking, but thankfully I'm not tied down to their service network.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler

I took ORD-HKG yesterday.
I got newspaper style menu. It was too big, LOL.
Some main menus were available throughout the flight but I thought food wasn’t impressive at all... Kinda sad...

Appetizer

Main

Dessert

Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: CX DM
Really Speechless, another tragedy perfectly executed by CX. I think this should go to the textbook of overpromise/underachieve, I had such high hope for new service, thought things must be different since Hogg took over.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MrJBoy

I took ORD-HKG yesterday.
I got newspaper style menu. It was too big, LOL.
Some main menus were available throughout the flight but I thought food wasn’t impressive at all... Kinda sad...

Appetizer

Main

Dessert

the presentation of the appetiser and main course on a tray reminds me a lot of KLM’s, only that KL’s food offerings were surprisingly very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.