Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:09 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Sometimes BA and QF show phantom availability. I wonder if this is one of those.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by sxc
Sometimes BA and QF show phantom availability. I wonder if this is one of those.
I doubt- I saw 3 dates available, and booked one of them - e-ticket received, and all well on CX MMB
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by sxc
But jagmeets booked it with Avios!!
sxc and toplayer like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I have been having problems with upgrading CX flights with a connecting flight attached. i.e. CX138 following KA626, CX does not allow upgrade CX138 because now they need to put the whole itinerary....

Does any one else has similar experiences?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Could someone with AS/AAdvantage please check CX807/26 September for an F award please?

BA shows one seat. CX shows a waitlist for either Standard or Choice. I am not going to bother calling up again to check for a seat release- rather spend the time on here. It was there yesterday, and they wouldn't release..i booked with Avios for a different date in that week, which was also available then.

Edit to add: Awardnexus showed the same seats as available through JL as well.
please write to Nicolas masse directly as he personally promised me for this to be fixed/addressed through email. Feel free to cite. His apathy is really driving me crazy. I really see myself taking it to Oriental daily.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC

please write to Nicolas masse directly as he personally promised me for this to be fixed/addressed through email. Feel free to cite. His apathy is really driving me crazy. I really see myself taking it to Oriental daily.
You know the answer will just be to remove availability for everyone? Don’t expect that the result will be a favourable result.
toplayer, HaikalS and Gongzuokuang like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by sxc

You know the answer will just be to remove availability for everyone? Don’t expect that the result will be a favourable result.
Ive successfully done this for the HND route as I believed they just pulled partner and MPC redemptions for a large majority if not the entirety of flights after I wrote in to him and a few higher ups...one small step to success

since the ‘ugliness’ of the post-622 world is more and more surfacing, you can probably say CX has triggered me enough to play a zero sum game with them. I don’t mind if everyone fails to redeem anything. The AA/AS game has existed long enough and I have no hesitation in torpedoing the ship!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium

Ive successfully done this for the HND route as I believed they just pulled partner and MPC redemptions for a large majority if not the entirety of flights after I wrote in to him and a few higher ups...one small step to success

since the ‘ugliness’ of the post-622 world is more and more surfacing, you can probably say CX has triggered me enough to play a zero sum game with them. I don’t mind if everyone fails to redeem anything. The AA/AS game has existed long enough and I have no hesitation in torpedoing the ship!
A few days ago, I was checking on HND J redemption for September. For some bizarre reasons, when I searched for HKG-HND (one way), there was no availability on CX548 but when I switched to TPE-HND (i.e. connecting via HKG) somehow CX548 becomes availability on the date I wanted to travel. Either you can take a late evening flight and layover in HK for the morning departure or take the first flight out of TPE connecting right away on CX548 same day. I found this so odd! I called MPO and agent kept telling me because origin is from TPE and it is a 'transit' flight. And I was like DUH, I KNOW but why would CX release the same seat to that person originating from TPE but not someone from HKG? We're talking about award availability which cost same amount of miles; not revenue sales. Am I missing something? Has anyone had similar experience? It's so frustrating!

The loading on the CX548 is super light and yet they won't release a seat for redemption 6 months out. I then asked for F redemption and they said no too even though it's F6 A6. It's pathetic!
toplayer likes this.

Last edited by HKGglobaltrotter; Mar 26, 2019 at 8:39 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:58 am

Registered letters to the board, by shareholders (who there’ll be a plenty few frustrated ones of), asking for Masse to be fired?

naah- I cant be bothered

actually, wait- let me do that tomorrow- G-CIVC, i’ll PM you.
kaka likes this.

Last edited by jagmeets; Mar 26, 2019 at 8:03 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody

" I believed they just pulled partner and MPC redemptions for a large majority if not the entirety of flights"
"I don’t mind if everyone fails to redeem anything."

Wow. Just wow.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I've actually seen/experienced the opposite before, whereby availability for a BA flight was unavailable via Avios, but available through AM. I don't know what the solution is, but this issue is hardly unique to CX.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:45 am

Fair enough!

But then, that isn’t an issue for CX stakeholders, right!?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Registered letters to the board, by shareholders (who there’ll be a plenty few frustrated ones of), asking for Masse to be fired?

naah- I cant be bothered

actually, wait- let me do that tomorrow- G-CIVC, i’ll PM you.
hands up
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Fair enough!

But then, that isn’t an issue for CX stakeholders, right!?
More for Asiamiles I guess...then again they keep our "money" while CX "earns" from partner redemption.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:58 am

Well, AM rolls up into 293 HK as well, right?

So if net net, it’s better economics for CX to release seats to BA- great for the stock!

But then, people need to re-evaluate how they value their Asiamiles.

In any case, lost any residual hope in Masse & Co. My email was just ‘valuable feedback’ for Asiamiles to resolve (note: that’s not the MPC), when he had claimed that that had been resolved, earlier, to G-CIVC.

Wrong as I might be, hopefully even, the boss of the loyalty program preferred to rely on copy pasted PR fluff for the most part, and not offer anything concrete on the remainder.

So miss Ms Sim!

Last edited by jagmeets; Mar 28, 2019 at 8:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.