Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Connecting Flights into Cathay First for 70k Alaska miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

So, I've finally hit 70k Alaska miles, and am looking forward to my first flight in Cathay Pacific First Class from HKG to the US!

Of course, I am hoping to maximize this award, and add a connecting flight into Hong Kong. Which routes would you guys suggest for maximizing the flight time and experience (including lounges) in Cathay Biz on the way to Hong Kong, without adding more miles to the cost? I know one option is coming from Johannesburg or Cape Town in Africa, continuing to the US for 70k miles all-in. What are costs like from say, Australia or New Zealand or India?

My last question is: Is it possible for my connecting segment to be in Cathay Dragon's First Class from Beijing?
Old May 13, 2018, 4:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I think this is a question about how to maximise a 70k Alaska Miles award? If so this is a question for the Alaska forum.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.