Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

"No RLOC Associated with this ET" error message?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru

When ever I'm looking my HKG-LHR booking on CX's website it keeps returning this error - No RLOC Associated with this ET any ideas? Every-time I try contact CX the phone wait time seems to be long.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
RLOC = record locator = booking confirmation number. You should try to either add or remove spaces from your name and add or remove MR, MS, MRS, etc. at the end of your name.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Still doesn't seem to work - is CX website not able to pull bookings that are on 086 stock? or does it mean that CX still needs to issue an PNR to the booking?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Still doesn't seem to work - is CX website not able to pull bookings that are on 086 stock? or does it mean that CX still needs to issue an PNR to the booking?
I'm not sure how the code-share between CX and NZ works. I was under the impression that it is free flow, and if so, an Amadeus (1A) record locator should have been generated. I would recommend asking NZ or CX if there's a record locator for CX (on 1A). If you have the CX (1A) record locator, you should be able to view the PNR with just that and your name, not needing your ticket number. If it's block space, no CX (1A) record locator would be generated, and NZ will only pass information to CX when check-in opens. I know that's how (at least some of the) code-shares work between QF and CZ.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I'm not sure how the code-share between CX and NZ works. I was under the impression that it is free flow, and if so, an Amadeus (1A) record locator should have been generated. I would recommend asking NZ or CX if there's a record locator for CX (on 1A). If you have the CX (1A) record locator, you should be able to view the PNR with just that and your name, not needing your ticket number. If it's block space, no CX (1A) record locator would be generated, and NZ will only pass information to CX when check-in opens. I know that's how (at least some of the) code-shares work between QF and CZ.
Which totally would make sense if it was was an code share - although it has been ticked as CX257 (All other flights on the ticket show they are code shares e.g. NZ3317 for LHR-SIN on SQ).

Maybe NZ has an block booking on some CX services, even if they aren't codeshares.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:28 am

Which totally would make sense if it was was an code share - although it has been ticked as CX257 (All other flights on the ticket show they are code shares e.g. NZ3317 for LHR-SIN on SQ).

Maybe NZ has an block booking on some CX services, even if they aren't codeshares.
In that case there really should be a CX (1A) record locator. Are you able to find the PNR at checkmytrip.com? In the unlikely event CX did not receive the ticket number, this is a serious issue that CX and NZ need to know.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
In that case there really should be a CX (1A) record locator. Are you able to find the PNR at checkmytrip.com? In the unlikely event CX did not receive the ticket number, this is a serious issue that CX and NZ need to know.
Can't use checkmytrip.com with booking created by NZ (NZ still uses its own internal res system). Might try giving CX another call, when I call NZ they said they don't have an PNR on record.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:10 am

Can't use checkmytrip.com with booking created by NZ (NZ still uses its own internal res system). Might try giving CX another call, when I call NZ they said they don't have an PNR on record.
Right, checkmytrip.com won't work with the NZ RLOC. I would suggest that you call CX and quote your name and flight.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:19 pm

Have you tried to do the seat selection in the NZ website for your CX flight? Sometimes the system will boot you into the CX system using the CX ghost PNR. You can usually see it in the URL that links to.

I would call back NZ and ask for the ghost PNR and HUCA until someone knows what they're looking for.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
Have you tried to do the seat selection in the NZ website for your CX flight? Sometimes the system will boot you into the CX system using the CX ghost PNR. You can usually see it in the URL that links to.
Yeah the NZ website doesn't work for seat select on other airlines, although turns out NZ books into an fare class on CX that doesn't allow seat selection. Ending up being able to speak with someone at CX today and was able to get the CX PNR.

Turns out its bit of an complicated booking by NZ, Its an 086 ticket (NZ Issues ticket) booked on SQ Fare (HKG-LHR-SIN) with AKL-HKG//SIN-AKL as add-ons (booked as NZ fares).
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.