Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-TPE nonstops fine+trip report

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2002, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
LAX-TPE nonstops fine+trip report

I took CX883 on Dec 2nd from LAX to HKG (and now in the pier) and it was a great flight, non stop arrivng earlt in HKG at 4:45am. I was upgrade to business class as was at least 5 others that I know of, since Y was full, great for a cheap fare.

For those interested a quick trip report:

Check in at 8:30pm, went to the business class check with 2 stations open, and few minutes wait, anyways I haerd the agent tell other peron before me they would get a upgrade, so I wonderded humm a full flight. Well I was happy getting a good seat, so I did not ask or expect to be upgraded, just gave my ticket and passport, and few minutes later the agent said well we will upgrade to business is an aile seat fine, and I said yes, a very happy suprise, since I did not expect it( sometimes I think I will be upgraded and am not, and get a little disapointed, in this case very happy with a such a low fare already).

Anyways I was late, I still had to return my rental car, went to Hertz, was back at 9pm, just a few minutes in the lounge (in LA its soso), a quick cell call before take off. At the gate a few minutes wai to borad but not long. The seat was in Row 12 center section, they was nice couple going to HKG next to me and we had a nice chat and they said it was the best flight ever they had.
Anys we had pree take drinks I had water. Take off from the gate was on time, I notice Cathay board much earlier than CI or BR, was on the plane at 9:20 I think. Then after a few minutes the FA came for drinks, I ordered a Cathay Delight, a CX signture drink, its good, but very small, with could had a bigger size (spoiled by Jamba Juice here), and was served with nuts. Also on the menu was A Touch of the Mediterranean which means they offer Olive oil instead of butter if you wish.
For supper I had the Marinated Shredded Beff with Stir Fry Vegies, and a little of the other selection which was Mixed Seafood Penne Pasta, the FA was very nice asked which I wanted and always asking to have more or you want to try both ?, which I did. I had a frit desser which was nice with port wine, which I seldom drink. After that I selp with for many hours, I time just flew by, about one hour before landing breakfast was served, again many choices, I choose a little of each, liked the Sun dried Tomato and mixed vegetables Frittata the best out of the various choices. CX is nice that you can do this, since its served via cart. Arrived in HKG early, so early no trains to HKG, had to wait till 6am, went to the city for a quick meeting and now on the way to Taipei ! A vey nice flight, just went by very fast it seens, even though it was 14 hours !
Old Dec 3, 2002, 11:10 pm

Thanks for the trip report! I really like the trolley service, and am glad that the F/As are letting you pick various main course choices.

I always like the Chinese cuisines on the CX flights.

BTW, are you any elite with OW or CX?

Have a safe trip!

Carfield
Old Dec 30, 2002, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
I am AA Plat. On the return, the TPE-HKG (DEC17) was fine, but the HKG departure was delayed to 3am, missed my Southwest connection at LAX, they rebooked me on AA, even though they are not sure they can get the ticketless LUV funds from Southwest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.