Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

KA operated by Air China -Star Alliance credit and lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:31 am
Original Poster

I have booked the following itinerary booked on CX website:

CKG-HKG KA841, operated by KA
HKG-CGK CX753, operated by CX
CGK-HKG CX718, operated by CX
HKG-CGK KA1420, operated by CA

1. Can I have different segments credited to different FFP? I'm Turkish Gold so would like to credit the "operated by CA" to TK
2. Do I have lounge access for the "operated by CA" segment as I'm Turkish Gold?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by hktramz
I have booked the following itinerary booked on CX website:

CKG-HKG KA841, operated by KA
HKG-CGK CX753, operated by CX
CGK-HKG CX718, operated by CX
HKG-CGK KA1420, operated by CA

1. Can I have different segments credited to different FFP? I'm Turkish Gold so would like to credit the "operated by CA" to TK
2. Do I have lounge access for the "operated by CA" segment as I'm Turkish Gold?
1. Yes you can have different segments credit to different FFPs. I am not sure whether CX at CGK can put the TK FFP on the HKG-CKG segment, but you can always have that changed at the CA transfer desk in HKG. I am not sure how miles would be posted though (as in OW it is the marketing carrier prevail, but in *A the operating carrier prevail)
2. Lounge access would be based on the rule of the operating carrier. In this case you will be entitled to the UA Club, the SliverKris lounge or the Royal Orchid lounge.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by shd9
1. Yes you can have different segments credit to different FFPs. I am not sure whether CX at CGK can put the TK FFP on the HKG-CKG segment, but you can always have that changed at the CA transfer desk in HKG. I am not sure how miles would be posted though (as in OW it is the marketing carrier prevail, but in *A the operating carrier prevail)
2. Lounge access would be based on the rule of the operating carrier. In this case you will be entitled to the UA Club, the SliverKris lounge or the Royal Orchid lounge.
No and no. As the FLT is KA-coded, it should not earn TK miles nor should *G benefits be applicable. If it happens, it should be considered a system glitch.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
No and no. As the FLT is KA-coded, it should not earn TK miles nor should *G benefits be applicable. If it happens, it should be considered a system glitch.
Actually no.

*A's principle is based on operating airlines. So OP will be qualified given the flight is operated by CA.

It will be another story whether miles can be credited. After fare class mapping, the ultimate fare class may not be FFP eligible after all.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Just want to update on my flight:

FFP credit:
CKG-HKG KA841, operated by KA -credited to Asiamiles 100%
HKG-CGK CX753, operated by CX -credited to Asiamiles 100%
CGK-HKG CX718, operated by CX -credited to Asiamiles 100%
HKG-CGK KA1420, operated by CA -credited to TK 75%

Lounge access:
SQ lounge: successful
TG lounge: successful

It felt so happy everything worked well!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: TK*G
I think the general rule of thumb is:
OW - market carrier matters
*A - operating carrier matters

So for KA1420, you should be entitled to lounge benefits given *G.

However, I'm more interested in the contrary:
OWS flying NZ4994 (CX197 to Auckland), does he get the OW miles/*A miles and can he get into the lounge with OW status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.