Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-CGK Equipment on A330-300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question HKG-CGK Equipment on A330-300

I know that the 77W features the long haul product while the 772 features the old J class product.

However, when I tried dummy bookings for A330-300 (which are the majority used for the HKG-CGK route), some of them show the long haul product while others show the old J product. Does this mean that all A330-300 are not the same?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by hightide
I know that the 77W features the long haul product while the 772 features the old J class product.

However, when I tried dummy bookings for A330-300 (which are the majority used for the HKG-CGK route), some of them show the long haul product while others show the old J product. Does this mean that all A330-300 are not the same?
1) your second paragraph: go to the very top thread in this forum, something about convenient links or threads for new people. Click on the last link about Cathay fleet information. In that thread, click on the Google spreadsheet we all maintain.

Update: I have the link on my mobile phone. Below. But searching always appreciated!

Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon Fleet, Route and Configuration Details

Long story short no there are multiple layouts for A330s. And two distinct products: longhaul and regional.

2) your first paragraph isn't correct either...772 doesn't feature an "old" product. It features regional J, instead of longhaul J. For the record regional J sucks but it's not old. That word "old" around here refers to older generations of hard product, both regional and longhaul, and none of them are in service anymore.

Finally, CGK is not guaranteed a longhaul product. Your best bet is to book the 77W, but even then that can be swapped. I'm not certain on the current rotations it's totally possible longhaul almost always operates on the route on certain flight#s for the time being, but just be aware this is NOT guaranteed. You'll see in our spreadsheet which routes have "protected" longhaul products.

Last edited by QRC3288; Jun 11, 2017 at 3:27 am Reason: added descriptive URL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.