Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Avios Award Booking for CX flight - MP Silver benefits!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Award Booking for CX flight - MP Silver benefits!?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Question Avios Award Booking for CX flight - MP Silver benefits!?

Just wanted to check if I am entitled to the same benefits (extra luggage, lounge, priority boarding) on an award ticket than a normally purchased ticket, flying with CX (on CX metal) from HKG to PEK next week. Flight was booked using AVIOS from BA on the BA website, but the booking is showing up correctly under Manage Booking on the CX website (X class).

Any recent experience with this?!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Award ticket is treated as a revenue ticket. If you have Oneworld status, then those extra benefits like extra luggage allowance, lounges etc, would be carried forward provided your FFP is on the booking or when you show your card/membership at check in.

If you have no status, however, X class which is CX's award class, you cannot get any seat selection until you do OLCI. If you have status, you need to call CX to get your seat assigned as the website cannot do this for you.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Award ticket is treated as a revenue ticket. If you have Oneworld status, then those extra benefits like extra luggage allowance, lounges etc, would be carried forward provided your FFP is on the booking or when you show your card/membership at check in.

If you have no status, however, X class which is CX's award class, you cannot get any seat selection until you do OLCI. If you have status, you need to call CX to get your seat assigned as the website cannot do this for you.
You can also do this at CX's website manage booking, or at BAEC/RJ website too. But for seat selection since you are silver once you update your MPC number you can choose seats at CX's website
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

I have checkin online and got the seat I wanted. Didnt get a lounge invitation however, until I added my MP account No (and cancel checkin and do it again with the new FF No).

Just need to hope that the weather is better than tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.