Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Booked separate legs flight connecting in HKG -> fee refund possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist

Using Alaska, I booked JNB-HKG (stop) HKG-LAX.
Using Avios, I booked HKG-SHA and PVG-HKG.

So really, I have just two flights: JNB-HKG-SHA and PVG-HKG-LAX.

But the systems think I have 4 flights, so charges extra fees.

In the past, it was easy to get the airline to refund airport taxes when I booked separate flights going into and out of LHR.

Has anyone made a similar refund request from CX, or another airline?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Is it of the same calendar day? If yes u can go to the service desk at the airport

1. Other passengersa. Passenger may apply in person for refund in cash at the Civil Aviation Department's (CAD) 'Air Passenger Departure Tax Counter located at Aisle E, Level 7, Departure Hall, Terminal 1 of the Hong Kong International Airport upon production of all the following documents:
1. tax payment evidence (i.e. original air ticket / original helicopter ticket / e-ticket which indicates that Hong Kong APDT has been paid);
2. original boarding pass of the above departure flight (for the airline passenger only);
3. original ferry ticket bearing passenger's name (only for sea-to-air passengers); and
4. relevant documents to support of the claim to exemption.

As it takes time to process refund applications at the counter, passengers should allow sufficient time for the refund applications after check-in.

Last edited by kaka; Jan 11, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.