FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Thanks to current editors...and more are welcome

I would like to thank those of you who are now editors on the CX / KA Fleet, Route and Configuration Gdoc. We have:

sxc
sscywong
G-CIVC
FlyPointyEnd
QRC3288

More are welcome! Please send a PM. The goal is have more editors, so information stays relevant and updated. Collectively we know a lot more, not to mention we have free time to fiddle on FT at different times of the day/year/etc.

We will not to open for public editing, due to defacing - whether intentional or accidental - that occurred when we tried that. But we are happy to add anyone who has posted (even if irregularly!) to the CX Flyertalk forum here, and wants to make contributions. Think of it like "publicly private" editing. We'll accept anyone we know here as an editor! And hope you will.

CX / KA Fleet, Route and Configuration Information
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:48 pm

I've added a chart for long-haul aircraft, showing which destinations have regular / scheduled service with which aircraft types. Hoping newcomers to the forum can use this guide as a resource, and help with some oft-answered questions.

As usual, any errors please edit them out if you're an editor or let me know here. All new editors welcome send a PM to sxc, cxfan1960 or me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qK1TjaSS6M/pub
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I've added a chart for long-haul aircraft, showing which destinations have regular / scheduled service with which aircraft types. Hoping newcomers to the forum can use this guide as a resource, and help with some oft-answered questions.

As usual, any errors please edit them out if you're an editor or let me know here. All new editors welcome send a PM to sxc, cxfan1960 or me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qK1TjaSS6M/pub
A320 (A320-200 v1)

Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Fleet size: 3
Configuration: J8/Y156 = 172 total
J class: Regional. 2-2 configuration, not lie-flat.
Note: This KA J seat hardware is identical to CX regional J seat hardware.

Total seats doesn't seems to add up
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
A320 (A320-200 v1)

Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Fleet size: 3
Configuration: J8/Y156 = 172 total
J class: Regional. 2-2 configuration, not lie-flat.
Note: This KA J seat hardware is identical to CX regional J seat hardware.

Total seats doesn't seems to add up
thank heavens i don't work in a job that requires any math......

fixed
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:07 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Thankful for this thread yesterday. Thought my HKG-SUB flight had been changed to a J Regional. Quick check on here and confirmed that it was still a l/h configuration. Phew

S
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:52 am

Some of the A320 's got the old J seat.... how can we tell in advance?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:28 am

Some of the A320 's got the old J seat.... how can we tell in advance?
good question, I have a solution at the bottom although it's not elegant.

Your question is basically "how do you tell the difference between KA's A320 and A320P configs?" A320 is the new (..crappy) J class, whereas A320P is the cradle old J seat. I prefer the old cradle J seat...

Obviously if you're in Y you can tell because the A320 (new config) has 6 more seats than A320P. That comes from one extra row, row 48 in EY class on A320 and that's where the 6 extra seats come from. Whereas A320P stops in row 47, thus has 6 fewer seats. J class has 8 seats in both in a 2-2 config so you can't tell the difference via the J class seat map.

Now, if you're sitting in J class you won't have the Y class seatmap. But...you could make a dummy booking in Y and click through to the seat map. If row 48 is present, your equipment is "A320". If row 48 is missing, you have "A320P". Voila!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
good question, I have a solution at the bottom although it's not elegant.

Your question is basically "how do you tell the difference between KA's A320 and A320P configs?" A320 is the new (..crappy) J class, whereas A320P is the cradle old J seat. I prefer the old cradle J seat...

Obviously if you're in Y you can tell because the A320 (new config) has 6 more seats than A320P. That comes from one extra row, row 48 in EY class on A320 and that's where the 6 extra seats come from. Whereas A320P stops in row 47, thus has 6 fewer seats. J class has 8 seats in both in a 2-2 config so you can't tell the difference via the J class seat map.

Now, if you're sitting in J class you won't have the Y class seatmap. But...you could make a dummy booking in Y and click through to the seat map. If row 48 is present, your equipment is "A320". If row 48 is missing, you have "A320P". Voila!
Great. I always fly SYDHKG which is served by 2 A320 daily, I wouldn't care the seat too much but old one doesn't have any charging socket so I need to make sure not to use up my phone battery in the lounge.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Regarding KA's A320... I've recently flew KA996 on 31 Oct and found that it's been refurbished (but still with dragon tail) so I've updated the file (sorry can't update it in PRC...)

If anyone just flew KA's A320 and found that it's been refurbished please do let us know so we can update the table

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:17 am

Great. I always fly SYDHKG which is served by 2 A320 daily, I wouldn't care the seat too much but old one doesn't have any charging socket so I need to make sure not to use up my phone battery in the lounge.
SYD?

BTW don't rely on that too much as equipment rotation is not rare....
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by sscywong
SYD?

BTW don't rely on that too much as equipment rotation is not rare....
Sorry, I meant SYDHGH, with the HKGHGH served by 2 x A320 daily (some times A321).
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: CX Gold
Update:

I have recently flown on KA's B-HSM, the jet has been refitted with new regional seat (not the sofa ones) along with new livery. Please list it under A320 (A320-200 v1).

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by dunflyer
Update:

I have recently flown on KA's B-HSM, the jet has been refitted with new regional seat (not the sofa ones) along with new livery. Please list it under A320 (A320-200 v1).

Thanks
thank you, updated!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:36 pm

A340 retirement

B-HXF will have it's last commercial flight on Christmas Day and will fly to Tarbes, France on January 4th. The last 3 will leave in February, March and April.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
B-HXF will have it's last commercial flight on Christmas Day and will fly to Tarbes, France on January 4th. The last 3 will leave in February, March and April.
Thanks. Do you know if it will be the last commercial flight of A340?

I guess CX won't hold any farewell for A340....

BTW seems CX will start transferring some 33P to KA... I've added the section as placeholder for the time being

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.