Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wing or Pier at 6 am?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Wing or Pier at 6 am?

I have an early flight and plan to be at the F lounge from 6 am. Which is better food wise at this time of day? Is there anything more substantial than the usual breakfast-y stuff at the Wing or Pier F dining rooms?

Are the foot massages operational already at Pier spa at this rather early time of day?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
My own preferences is the Pier, there are more choices from the menu, and the quality is much better.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CC, HH DM, SQ SLTRE, BonvoyTit, UK SL, VS Wings, UA, DL, AA
I personally love both lounges - while the pier has a more extensive a la carte menu since it is a la carte only, they wing has a great buffet and now with the new set up show casing best of the pier, the cabin and the new tea bar (in the zone between the main wing reception and the haven - I find the wing just as good. While I love the openness of the wing, I also love the warmth and coziness of the pier. I think they've really done a good job in putting together two solid F class lounge offerings.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

I know the offerings of both F lounges but have always visited in the evenings and afternoons, never at the crack of dawn when they are just open.

Hence would like to know which has better offerings so early in the day.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I know the offerings of both F lounges but have always visited in the evenings and afternoons, never at the crack of dawn when they are just open.

Hence would like to know which has better offerings so early in the day.
"Great buffet" is stretching it. In the morning I don't think the dishes will be fully out until 6:30 a.m., and even then you get scramble eggs, dimsums, and congee. On the side you will get turkey sausages, hams, and one type of veggie dish.

I've never been to Pier in the morning so can't comment.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Pier's menu is sort of fixed, so every day you go into the Pier you can expect the same menu... Unlike the wing which is a rotation of different dishes

If you haven't try the Pier out... Worth trying, it's more quiet... But make sure your gate is not 25- else you'll find yourself idiot when walking all the way back to the gate...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Whichever is closer to my gate.

I prefer the setting of the Pier more, but still proximity to my gate is definitely more important to me.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by avm2806
I personally love both lounges - while the pier has a more extensive a la carte menu since it is a la carte only, they wing has a great buffet and now with the new set up show casing best of the pier, the cabin and the new tea bar (in the zone between the main wing reception and the haven - I find the wing just as good. While I love the openness of the wing, I also love the warmth and coziness of the pier. I think they've really done a good job in putting together two solid F class lounge offerings.
What's the tea bar? I've never seen this mentioned before.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by Isochronous
What's the tea bar? I've never seen this mentioned before.
It's part of the renovated atrium in the wing F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.