Linda Sim has left the building

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Linda is no longer at CX
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by BSCBNEWYORK
Linda is no longer at CX
Why has she moved on? And who is her replacement?

I trust it is someone as responsive as her. I was impressed with the speed at which she changed SOPs after my complaint at a Diamond lunch where I commented that having cabin crew come round with a handwritten "15% off duty free" sign on the back of a piece of cardboard really cheapens the CX brand. She said "That's a very good point" and swiftly jotted down a note. By the following week, cabin crew were handing out those little flyers instead of using those pathetic handwritten signs.

Last edited by Too much travel; Jun 18, 2015 at 9:03 am
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Too much travel

I trust it is someone as responsive as her. I was impressed with the speed at which she changed SOPs after my complaint at a Diamond lunch where I commented that having cabin crew come round with a handwritten "15% of duty free" sign on the back of a piece of cardboard really cheapens the CX brand. She said "That's a very good point" and swiftly jotted down a note. By the following week, cabin crew were handing out those little flyers instead of using those pathetic handwritten signs.
I wondered where those daft signs had gone.

Next time bring up the million different announcements the crew make about the 15% off duty free
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by phol

Next time bring up the million different announcements the crew make about the 15% off duty free
Yes!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by phol

Worst was two A4 papers stuck on the bulkhead divider... Was on a regional 330 J......
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: CX GO
Originally Posted by Too much travel

I trust it is someone as responsive as her. I was impressed with the speed at which she changed SOPs after my complaint at a Diamond lunch where I commented that having cabin crew come round with a handwritten "15% of duty free" sign on the back of a piece of cardboard really cheapens the CX brand. She said "That's a very good point" and swiftly jotted down a note. By the following week, cabin crew were handing out those little flyers instead of using those pathetic handwritten signs.
I was stunned when I saw that cardboard yesterday. It's my first time seeing it and I'm not liking it. They even stick some cosmetic and watch boxes to the board.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by wenbin85
I was stunned when I saw that cardboard yesterday. It's my first time seeing it and I'm not liking it. They even stick some cosmetic and watch boxes to the board.
Really?! They've regressed to doing that again?! You should put in a complaint.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Yes, sadly Linda left last week. Off to do new things.
I haven't seen any announcement from Cathay about who her replacement is going to be, so I'm not sure if it means that it was a surprise to everyone or that they won't be replacing Linda. I imagine they will want to find a replacement though.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Maybe she saw the writing on the wall with the prospect of MPC changes?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:29 pm

Did not see any writing on the wall or cardboard HKG/LAX 884.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by jerrywu
Did not see any writing on the wall or cardboard HKG/LAX 884.
Nice one.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Does anyone know the name of Linda's replacement? He spoke at the CX Xmas drinks last week.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Steve Rackstraw?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Steve Rackstraw?
Could be... I saw a name similar to this at the end of a recent joint promotion email with ___ (forgot, how ineffective it is)

But... Does this matter? I think they don't care about anything other than HK based DMP and outport DM...
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
No, I think he was French and first name sounded like Nicholas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.