Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Anybody else have issues with their MPC Gold when flying with American Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else have issues with their MPC Gold when flying with American Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by goirulz
Flew 22 AA segments in last 3.5 months as SL/Ruby, never had issues with MCE selection, PriorityAccess, or checked baggage. I did have to shell out $25 for 1 bag on an AA-codeshare, AS-operated LAX-SEA flight, and missed out on mileage credit for a few O-fare tickets, but it was probably my fault for not double checking.
I was lucky when checking in at the Alaska Airlines First Class counter for a Horizon flight SEA-YVR (all economy) - they did not charge me for the bag and even suggested that I check my second (carryon size), which I gladly did. CX DM/OWE.

No issues with AA-issued flights, AA-issued US flights, US-issued AA flights, or JL-issued AA flights. Also would guess it's a name matching thing. CX (in my experience) asks for you to enter in all your "given names" as your first name, while booking with AA there is a field for "middle name" - that might be the tricky part.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: MPC GO
YVR-LAX didn't have a problem with my MPC # getting added at checkin.

LAX-YVR - didn't realize that this is actually an AA flight operated by WestJet so when I checked in at the WestJet counter, I asked about MOC # being added and the rep said it was although I don't see it anywhere on my boarding pass. Will wait a few days to see if it posts or not

Still waiting at LAX for my flight as its delayed 2 hours and because it's operated by WestJet, I'm in Terminal 2 and no lounge that I can get to....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.