Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's going on with CX food in J?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by hadsst
A few years back they introduced the so-called 'one-tray concept' breakfast in J, exactly what you have described, claiming it was to maximize pax sleep time, but reverted back to a normal service possibly due to adverse passenger feedback.

Not sure why they introduced it again. Perhaps they don't care passenger feedback anymore.
*slightly off-topic

Indeed...seems like CX doesn't care at all...on a First Class (sold as F) flight from Hong Kong to Manila, my appetizer was served with the roasted sesame dressing they serve in JCL in those disposable plastic container. When I asked the SP about it, she said thats the new way of presenting it.

When I wrote a feedback on the CX website, I got this reply.
Dear Mr Go

Thank you for completing our online feedback form. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it gives us an opportunity to improve our services.

I understand that you were upset by your recent experience, and would like to apologise if our service was not up to the standards you expected.

I am sorry that you have been left disappointed with the presentation of the inflight meal onboard your flight to Manila. Whilst we are committed to providing the best inflight dining experience for our valued passengers like yourself, I sincerely apologise we failed to meet your expectations. Our Catering team is already aware of your feedback and will consider whether changes can be made in this area.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you onboard one of our flights again soon.

Yours sincerely
Was it really just my expectations? So CX really now wants the crew to serve dressings from plastic cups in First Class?

I asked both the SP and ISM to put them in the reports, but by the looks of this response from CX, they didn't even write it. Which now makes me wonder, because, when I posted it on Instagram and some people there said that the SP or the FP in charge of F, should have transferred those into the small serving dishes or drizzled them over the appetizer. So perhaps they were just covering their asses for the mistake?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by kesler.go
*slightly off-topic

Indeed...seems like CX doesn't care at all...on a First Class (sold as F) flight from Hong Kong to Manila, my appetizer was served with the roasted sesame dressing they serve in JCL in those disposable plastic container. When I asked the SP about it, she said thats the new way of presenting it.

When I wrote a feedback on the CX website, I got this reply.
Dear Mr Go

Thank you for completing our online feedback form. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it gives us an opportunity to improve our services.

I understand that you were upset by your recent experience, and would like to apologise if our service was not up to the standards you expected.

I am sorry that you have been left disappointed with the presentation of the inflight meal onboard your flight to Manila. Whilst we are committed to providing the best inflight dining experience for our valued passengers like yourself, I sincerely apologise we failed to meet your expectations. Our Catering team is already aware of your feedback and will consider whether changes can be made in this area.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you onboard one of our flights again soon.

Yours sincerely
Was it really just my expectations? So CX really now wants the crew to serve dressings from plastic cups in First Class?

I asked both the SP and ISM to put them in the reports, but by the looks of this response from CX, they didn't even write it. Which now makes me wonder, because, when I posted it on Instagram and some people there said that the SP or the FP in charge of F, should have transferred those into the small serving dishes or drizzled them over the appetizer. So perhaps they were just covering their asses for the mistake?

Wow. Not being nit-picking but that is just not good enough. The worst thing is you know you can do better but you can't be bothered to.

I like an ice cream. But I don't want to be served straight out of the original Haagen-Dazs box as if I'm a five year old. I understand you can't go wrong with an ice-cream but again that's just not good enough! No one wants basic stuff in J!

The consensus seems to be dinning is going downhill quickly. I wonder how long it will take until it hits them.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: CX DM
I flew BA recently and their food is better - properly plated and better flavours. Wine list not bad too. CX food just seems bland these days
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Justinroundtheworld
The consensus seems to be dinning is going downhill quickly. I wonder how long it will take until it hits them.
It has not been going "downhill quickly"...it has been lame for quite some time. We've been whinging about this ever since I've been on FT for years upon years.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:17 am

Have not flown CX J for a loooong time. However, last time I flew, was in the second row of Y, and could smell the garlic bread from the J galley. Really ? Do you have to be serving the same bread since the 1990s ?!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
What's going on with CX food in J?

I'd reckon that the garlic bread is among, if not the most popular of choices among the options.. Recall crew asking colleagues in the galley to 'bring more' on a number of occasions.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
I'd reckon that the garlic bread is among, if not the most popular of choices among the options.. Recall crew asking colleagues in the galley to 'bring more' on a number of occasions.
It's popular compare to the other crap breads they offered. It's pretty sad when CX seems to contend to race to the bottom rather than being at the top of their game and be the industry trend setters, rather than industry follower or their goal is not to be the top but just not to be the bottom.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Can CX management please seriously take a flight with SQ? And observe and experience what F&B really is all about as a premier airline! I am amazed they haven't yet realised how far behind they are in the game.

PS I like the garlic bread...it is the highlight of J meal! (Sad but true)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Can CX management please seriously take a flight with SQ? And observe and experience what F&B really is all about as a premier airline! I am amazed they haven't yet realised how far behind they are in the game.

PS I like the garlic bread...it is the highlight of J meal! (Sad but true)
CX managements seems to be addicted to a management strategy that doomed many corporations and drove them to the ground: Cost-cutting at all costs, reduce services and see what you can get away with, reduce products and see what you can get away with. The problem with this strategy, as evidenced by many corporations that died out, is that customer feedback takes time to quantified, and by the time they've realized they've offended their most loyal customers away, it's too late.

But I guess they will have their garlic bread.....
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QRC3288
It has not been going "downhill quickly"...it has been lame for quite some time. We've been whinging about this ever since I've been on FT for years upon years.
+1
I've been complaining about it since I first started flying CX almost 10 years ago. I gave most of my business to Continental on NYC-HKG because the food was so much better and more plentiful, which is important on a 15+ hour flight. I haven't been back in CX J long haul in years, but if it's gotten worse then I feel for you all.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:54 pm

(delete)

Last edited by zhaobao; Jul 7, 2015 at 10:59 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:20 am

[QUOTE=zhaobao;25080362]
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Can CX management please seriously take a flight with SQ? And observe and experience what F&B really is all about as a premier airline!
They are fully aware of the competitors of course. Again, that's the fundamental problem of knowing they can do better but not planning/can't be bothered to. They fail to see long term profitability and goodwill.

They do listen to feedback. The problem is the people they talk to are die hard Diamond, Gold CX people. They concur whatever crap CX does
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood

They are fully aware of the competitors of course. Again, that's the fundamental problem of knowing they can do better but not planning/can't be bothered to. They fail to see long term profitability and goodwill.
Actually, CX is in a fairly envious position right now compared to SQ (who you compare them to in another thread). SQ is getting their lunch eaten by the Middle Eastern carriers. Meanwhile, CX has the blessing of superior geography in Asia...simply put, CX is next to China and is an easy stop-over destination for North America, whereas Singapore is not ...CX successfully consolidated KA and now uses it for a massive feeder base to points in Asia and beyond, and in the last 24 months CX has been expanding at a pace I haven't seen in the 7+ years I've been flying with them. There are many annoying things about CX, but all things considered they've got a balancing act (as you point out, between high-end premium and economy passengers) and I'd say they're doing a decent job. That said, I've spent more coin on other airlines this year than I have in probably the past 6+ years, and I've been a DM the entire time. So someone other than CX is getting some of my dollarshare for the time being and there are things CX can work on to get that back.

They do listen to feedback. The problem is the people they talk to are die hard Diamond, Gold CX people. They concur whatever crap CX does
Yikes mate. Here you're generalizing pretty badly. Not sure how to respond. As a CX DM, I actually have no idea what you mean by [I] "concur whatever crap CX does". Rest assured, I'm confident you have no idea what contact myself or the others have with CX management, and if we do ever chat with folks at CX, what is conveyed during those conversations. But if you'd like a general whiff of some very frequent CX fliers who are a little peeved at the situation, have a read through this threadhttp://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...o-way-pps.html
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:38 am

Either way food in J needs to up the game. End of.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP

Are you a CX Diamond or Gold and if so, is that what you do? Otherwise I wonder how you would know this ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.