Wiki Posts
Search

CX Black Friday Sale 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
CX Black Friday Sale 2015

I just noticed on Facebook that CX has a Black Friday sale thing posted on their fan page.

I'm currently trying to plan a trip for my friends to join me in Thailand in March being JFK-HKG-CNX & BKK-HKG-JFK with the long haul parts in Premium Economy.
Right now it is pricing out (including all taxes) at like $2500/pp.

Historically have the Black Friday sales been certain classes, routes, etc. I'm having dinner with them later and want to get them a bit more info but if the price could drop 15-20% could be a big help.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why is history relevant?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Why is history relevant?
I would gather at times it can often help people predict what the future may tell?

If for the past 5 years they've had PE sales for Black Friday I would mention to my friends that maybe we should wait a week because the prices may drop.
If they've never had PE sales for BF then I wouldn't bother bringing it up to my friends and push them to book ASAP because my intra-Asia plans and schedule are in limbo waiting on them.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Here's the link for last year's black friday sale

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...29-2013-a.html

here's the link to the previous black friday sale
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...23-2012-a.html

Guess it makes sense to keep track of this year's. Though I think for most of us, it's nothing to look forward to.

YMMV
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: Thai
I too will be watching the Black Friday sale for a good PE rate LAX - BKK in April. If there is no special, I will probably try China Airways new PE. They are having a introductory PE sale from the US to Asia destinations with travel through the end of April. $1595 LAX-BKK and the connecting flights between TPE and BKK are in Business Class! Sale ends Nov 30th.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
I was all up on it last year....and was disappointed (holding for deal on PEY, J). I expect I'll be disappointed again but I can pounce for Jan-Feb if SE Asia/Oceanaia has a good deal for earning as well -- zero earns for an AA guy aren't worth it; just pay normal for travel on my calendar v. CX's.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:56 pm

went on their website, got offered a ticket EWR-HKG-EWR at $826 before taxes. S class.... so basically a S class ticket?!?!?!? They call this a "Sale"?!?!?!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
went on their website, got offered a ticket EWR-HKG-EWR at $826 before taxes. S class.... so basically a S class ticket?!?!?!? They call this a "Sale"?!?!?!
Which website are you visiting? Its $828.17 with tax from EWR/JFK to HK in Q class.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:50 pm

I just finished doing some exhaustive research (ok, only about one hour) on the CX Black Friday sale, so I will pass on what I found.

I am looking for a flight from San Diego - LAX - HKG, and staying in HK for a couple of days, then on to Bangkok, and return. I am in a good position to compare because I am leaving in 4 days on the same route on a ticket I purchased in June. My results:

My existing ticket in Y, V class, purchased in June for December travel $1,377.

Online offer today, same route and fare class (V), for travel in early February (a few days before the official departure period for the sale, which is February 25th - May 14th) - $1407

Online offer today, during the official sale travel period - $1505.

??? It looks more like a Black Friday surcharge!!

To be fair, I did find a fare for $1150, in S class, which means 25% Asia miles and 25% MPC miles (for some not a big deal) but the connections were horrible, something I would never fly.

Happy Travels.

Last edited by beachbum61; Nov 29, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.