Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

retrieving res on cathay website help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold

Hello Cathay folks, I just put a reservation on hold via phone. Have the booking reference but I'm unable to pull it up online at cathay's website. Is this typical? What I found odd was that the fare info isn't on the itinerary document Cathay emailed me. Not that I don't trust the agent or anything but it would be nice to see the fare along with the itinerary that I have on hold

Sorry for starting a new thread - mods, please move/merge as appropriate. Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:55 am

Manage Booking > Select Non-member > Input your name + 6-digit booking reference number, you should find it or you have to call again.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Hello Cathay folks, I just put a reservation on hold via phone. Have the booking reference but I'm unable to pull it up online at cathay's website.
Possibly you are doing something wrong, but it is impossible to tell because of the lack of details. "I am unable..." is not an informative statement.

The Cathay web page asks for last name and firstname, or firstname and lastname, depending on which location-specific page you are using. This has caused me to enter info incorrectly once or twice.

Try checkmytrip.com to see if you can make it work there. The same PNR should work.

Of course, if you wrote the booking reference down incorrectly, no one can help you diagnose that. You have to call CX.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Possibly you are doing something wrong, but it is impossible to tell because of the lack of details. "I am unable..." is not an informative statement.

The Cathay web page asks for last name and firstname, or firstname and lastname, depending on which location-specific page you are using. This has caused me to enter info incorrectly once or twice.

Try checkmytrip.com to see if you can make it work there. The same PNR should work.

Of course, if you wrote the booking reference down incorrectly, no one can help you diagnose that. You have to call CX.
Uh... ok? Sorry I didn't realize I was being so useless. I get an error message when I try to retrieve it: "Sorry, a reservation could not be found with the information you have provided. Please check the name you have input. [ERR_MMB_020]"

Checked multiple times to make sure I'm entering first/last name in the right place. And I received the email itinerary (without fare info) from CX, so I'm pretty sure I have the right booking reference.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:14 pm

If checkmytrip.com also doesn't recognize it, the itinerary does not exist. If checkmytrip does recognize it, then the CX web page is at fault. Standard debugging tricks, try different ways to isolate the problem.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
If checkmytrip.com also doesn't recognize it, the itinerary does not exist. If checkmytrip does recognize it, then the CX web page is at fault. Standard debugging tricks, try different ways to isolate the problem.
Are you always this pleasant? It shows up on checkmytrip.com FWIW.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Have you tried e-ticket number as opposed to PNR?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:58 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I received a similar error and had to use both my first name and middle name in the box for the first name to retrieve the reservation.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by GB
I received a similar error and had to use both my first name and middle name in the box for the first name to retrieve the reservation.
holy crap, thank you! this is what i needed to do after booking a cathay pacific flight via expedia. just put in your first and middle name with a space in between for the first name field and you should get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.