Wiki Posts
Search

Is expertflyer wrong?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Is expertflyer wrong?

Hello everyone,
It's 55hrs before my flight and right on cue I get a seat alert email from expertflyer. I have an exit row seat booked and EF shows that my entire row is now empty, including my seat. The other exit rows show occupied seats still.

Manage my booking on CX still show my assigned seat with confirmed status. I'd like to think that EF is wrong but is this a common occurrence? Sorry if there's another thread on this topic.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Is this a YYZ flight? Or am Asia regional flight?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

YYZ, would there be a difference?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:10 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Is there a warning message on top of the search result page? I recall EF has one for CX flights that are departing within 48 hours (i.e. after OLCI opens)
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Have you read the warning message on top of the search result?
I have... When I checked, the row was shown as open, not blocked as most of the other seats in the cabin. The warning says that at 55 hours occupied seats may show as blocked
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

There must be a system sweep in progress the seat map is constantly changing on EF and now my row is blocked and the cabin is filling up
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Reviving this very old threat - I wonder what happened to OP.

For an upcoming flight (in about 72 hours) I have started to notice a discrepancy between CX MMB and Expertflyer (which wasn't there before).
Per the CX website, we are in 30H&K (called them up to get 30H ages ago (oneworld Emerald)) but on Expertflyer 30H is now again showing as blocked. Surely this can't be due to a last minute infant booking, as that seat should then show as taken rather than blocked. Any idea what might be going on here? Is it worth calling again, or will the agents only be able to see the same thing I do on MMB?

Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
for flights near online check in timings (around 72 hours), the seat reservation/selection is passed onto airport control rather than cx hotline/website, so normally the seats will still be blocked up, then on the day you fly, you can ask for those bulkhead seats via checkin agents.

That's the most simplest way in getting those bulkhead seats.

Hope it helps.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Expert Flyer is a decent tool but far from infallible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.