Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Amex Membership Rewards to Asia Miles Transfer Time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Membership Rewards to Asia Miles Transfer Time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I’m glad I called and didn’t just wait for 3 days...
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by launchylaunchbos
Has anyone experienced any issues with a middle name being present on your AM account, but not on your Amex account? For example, the AM account is registered to SMITH/JOHN CHARLES but the Amex account is only SMITH/JOHN. Not a transposition of names...just an extra middle name on one side. Any experiences or problems?
I'm sure you already got an answer to this but figured I'd submit so others know. Transfer to my Asia Miles with a middle name went through immediately without any problems.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:28 am

Likewise, mine on 12/31 was immediate, though this would have been one of those few cases where I would have been better served with a delay.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else seeing an icon saying transfer unavailable next to Asia Miles to their US Membership Rewards Account? Looking for a data point.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by ketelone
Anyone else seeing an icon saying transfer unavailable next to Asia Miles to their US Membership Rewards Account? Looking for a data point.
Yes, I am currently seeing the same. If I click on Asia Miles on the point transfer page I get a popup that says - "Point Transfer Option Temporarily Unavailable"
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ketelone
It was doing that last night, but should be working again now. I managed to do a transfer couple of hours ago, and it showed up almost instantly.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by archangele
It was doing that last night, but should be working again now. I managed to do a transfer couple of hours ago, and it showed up almost instantly.
I can confirm the same too. I saw that icon go away in the morning and transferred some miles which showed up instantly in my AM account. This is awesome considering so many reports of people losing miles on the transfer or having issues in the past. Thanks again FT.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:40 pm

I did transfer 1000 MR to Asia Miles yesterday, it was like instantly...
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My transfer last week failed; according to Amex, the cause was Asia Miles website failure.

I tried again today, and transfer went through instantly. Added bonus: Scored a 25% bonus on the transfer! Then discovered the flight I wanted was available for 16.5k Avios (vs 25k AM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.