Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conduct unbecoming a F pax

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Unrelated, but I was in F JFK-HKG the other day and a couple bought in a huge amount of McDonalds which they were eating pre take off and for at least 20 mins into the flight (must have been horrible by the time they finished it!). The whole cabin stank and then the galley stank when they removed the litter for about another 30 minutes until the A/C nailed it.

Now I like McDonalds but I would never contemplate consuming it in F and stinking the place out.

Am I being unreasonable? I made a comment to the ISM but didn't complain per se. She was horrified about the smell too and apologised to everyone in the F cabin but didn't ask them to remove it.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:08 pm

I just got off of the JFK to HKG flight a few minutes ago and I am not mistaken, there are 3 lavatories in F and all 3 were never taken up at the same time. I don't see why the gentleman could not have moved to another toilet even if he felt someone took his "slot". Personally, this is not something I'd want to create drama over
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by iexaltu
... there are 3 lavatories in F ....
There are only two lavs in F, one on the left and one on the right of the corrdor leading to the flight deck.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:05 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
There are only two lavs in F, one on the left and one on the right of the corrdor leading to the flight deck.
IIRC, the one on the left is a very large one in the style of the 747 toilets, the one on the right is a more standard toilet setup.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:08 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Conkers
Now I like McDonalds but I would never contemplate consuming it in F and stinking the place out.

Am I being unreasonable? I made a comment to the ISM but didn't complain per se. She was horrified about the smell too and apologised to everyone in the F cabin but didn't ask them to remove it.
I guess it's an unfortunate situation, but nothing you can really do about it. The smell of a food in a confined space is probably the last thing on your mind when you are really hungry and craving a particular food. There's worse things that can happen onboard smell-wise - like bad body odour, or someone vomiting.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by sxc
IIRC, the one on the left is a very large one in the style of the 747 toilets, the one on the right is a more standard toilet setup.
Yup. That's the layout. Big one on the port side, small one on the starboard side. Unfortunately, neither have windows....this may sound odd, but I think the F bathrooms on the 747 are really quite lovely. A few windows, a large (curving?) shape, large mirror, it's actually quite civilized and it feels totally unlike the standard lavs on a plane, even on the 777 in F. On the 747, even if you're walking in just to change or freshen up, looking outside and seeing the clouds has something of an elegant feel to it.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Better to be Maccy D stink than someone who has been nailing the green vegetables & mushrooms pre flight
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I guess it's an unfortunate situation, but nothing you can really do about it. The smell of a food in a confined space is probably the last thing on your mind when you are really hungry and craving a particular food. There's worse things that can happen onboard smell-wise - like bad body odour, or someone vomiting.
Originally Posted by mayodave
Better to be Maccy D stink than someone who has been nailing the green vegetables & mushrooms pre flight
That's all true for sure. Just surprised F passengers stoop so low as to have a Maccy Ds!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Conkers
That's all true for sure. Just surprised F passengers stoop so low as to have a Maccy Ds!
Money don't buy you class!!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Money don't buy you class!!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by keloutwest
Um, what?
My thoughts, exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.