Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conduct unbecoming a F pax

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
Not able to sleep a wink after all the food and bubbly they ply you with?

Either the quality's gone to bits, but you had no issue with the F&B right?

2K sounds like a massive hypertensive to start off .
F&B was excellent. CX even had Krug ^
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
The nut in 2K probably thought that he would have a clear path to the lav after it became free so remained in his seat while 'in the queue'. Ridiculous behavior though and commend you for holding back and not escalating the issue further.

Kudos also to the crew for stepping in and actually taking a side (yours). Many times on Asian airlines they will turn a blind eye to avoid confrontational situations.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
This sort of behaviour is unacceptable in any cabin on an aircraft... It is just unfortunate that the traveling public do behave like this when they are cooped up in a metal tube. With airport security and reductions in service onboard all add up, and sometimes, someones capacity bucket overflows... Not an excuse, just what happens. I have been on the receiving end of it more than once at work, I am used to it now.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have been on the receiving end of it more than once at work, I am used to it now.
OMG...this pax didn't happen to be you on your first CX F flight?? You thought you may as well try a DYKWIA for once?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

This sort of behaviour is unacceptable in any cabin on an aircraft...
You're right. ^Why should it be different in different cabin. Maybe I expected at lot more in the cabin I flown but you make a good point. I'm sorry you're also at the receiving end of PITA pax more often.

I'm not used to it but was shocked. Maybe I should meet more PITA to prepare myself mentally in advance.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
This sort of behaviour is unacceptable in any cabin on an aircraft...
I can't agree more...had a pretty bad seat mate last night on CX905. I hate taking this flight because the flight is always full and they normally use Regional J seats. To put it mildly he was a complete slob...he took over the arm rests and even pushed his pillow and blanking to me when he had to get up. uuuugggghh....thankfully it was a short flight and close to midnight so I didn't have to eat instead I spent most of the time in the galley with the crew and only sat back during final approach.

On a high note the crew was great and efficient, even the ISM had to work the aisles to make the meal service faster. ^^^
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
I had the most awful rude cabin manager in F a few weeks ago. She was so damm rude to the crew and passengers and even made snide remarks to an old man who was travelling with assistance. This was when we were getting off and it was the final straw, I had to tell her to her face what a rude horrible person she was and she should find a job up a tree where she didnt have to deal with people. One of the ground staff who is a friend was waiting to meet me and he even pointed out how bad she was when they opened the doors. She refused anyone from Biz to come in the F cabin during the flight despite the old man needing to be checked by his carer in biz every hour or so. My wife was also in biz and was refused point blank entry to come and ask me a question. She even refused to tell me my wife had been to see me, one of the mate FA told me but asked me not to say anything to her, he was obviously in fear of her. When I went to biz to speak to my wife she then told me I could not sit on the otterman to talk to my wife. We went a spoke in the galley and the whole time she was stomping around like a bear with a sore RSEND. She blasted several of the crew during the flight as well all who appeared very scared of her. Not sure what nationality she was, I am pretty sure she was Phillipine or Indonesia.

I have just cancelled my next 3 long hauls with CX and moved them to QF and BA
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by mayodave
Not sure what nationality she was, I am pretty sure she was Phillipine or Indonesia.
Now...now, let's not be too rash in saying that the ISM is a Filipino or Indonesian. To be honest the the friendliest I've had apart from Filipino ISMs (perhaps because I'm Filipino too) are Malaysians & Singaporeans. I find the Japanese ISMs most reserved...less chatty. HK ISMs are great too, although I had two instances where they kept on hiding in the galley through out the flight.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I had the most awful rude cabin manager in F a few weeks ago. She was so damm rude to the crew and passengers and even made snide remarks to an old man who was travelling with assistance.
As a piece of advice: if you ever encounter that situation in the future, you should
a.) Write a comment form to CX and fill it out with your flight # and her name so she can be identified
b.) Take it with you off the plane, and send it to CX on your own. I recently came to understand that it quite commonplace amount cabin crews (encouraged by ISMs) to open the sealed comment forms (and survey forms), read them, and discard any unfavorable ones so they aren't received by CX management. Even though they have the seals there, apparently the crew all open break the seals, read the comments, and re-seal and return to CX (or throw them out).
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
As a piece of advice: if you ever encounter that situation in the future, you should
a.) Write a comment form to CX and fill it out with your flight # and her name so she can be identified
Or you could email them, not sure if they will answer or anything but if you give your flight details they could pinpoint who the ISM was on the flight.

Originally Posted by QRC3288
b.) Take it with you off the plane, and send it to CX on your own. I recently came to understand that it quite commonplace amount cabin crews (encouraged by ISMs) to open the sealed comment forms (and survey forms), read them, and discard any unfavorable ones so they aren't received by CX management. Even though they have the seals there, apparently the crew all open break the seals, read the comments, and re-seal and return to CX (or throw them out).
Would that be the reason why I haven't won anything?? hahaha
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kesler.go
Now...now, let's not be too rash in saying that the ISM is a Filipino or Indonesian. To be honest the the friendliest I've had apart from Filipino ISMs (perhaps because I'm Filipino too) are Malaysians & Singaporeans. I find the Japanese ISMs most reserved...less chatty. HK ISMs are great too, although I had two instances where they kept on hiding in the galley through out the flight.
She did actually tell me where she was from its just I cant recall if it was Phillipines or Indonesia, I am pretty sure it was Phillipines.I am the kind of person who simply moves on and avoids this type of situation and have now rebooked all my future travel with other airlines. There is no way my wife will step on a CX plane again unless she really has to and as far as we are concerned we will just spend our money elsewhere and hopefully not have to encounter such awful service. To be honest I feel over the last 12 months I have put up with as huge amount of bad service which has cost me an awful lot of money due to delays and cancelled flights.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:04 am

May that passenger be cursed, so that all his future flying is on Row 30 of an Air Asia jet. Seriously, what a tosser.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Where was he from?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:14 pm

Location: California, USA / Tokyo, Japan / Manila, Philippines
Programs: AA / CX MPO AM / Hyatt Discoverist / Marriott Platinum / Shangri-La
I am pretty sure it was Phillipines
I do not doubt your story and its quite unfortunate that a single bad egg can ruin an airlines reputation as well as a nationality.

Please help by opening a complaint with CX and have the cabin manager investigated. That way we know the bad egg either shapes up or get axed.

I hope you'd reconsider flying CX again and hopefully the next time CX, and another Filipina can win your business back.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:24 am
Suspended

I have far more important things to do than getting into a exchange of words with some **** at CX who sends you pre prepared answers and grovels to thank you so much for using CX, been there done that and wont be doing it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.