Search

CX251 12/04 weird seat map

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, BAEC Gold, IHG, Hyatt, Starwood,Ritz Carlton Reward
CX251 12/04 weird seat map

Hi all,

i've just made a guarantee booking on Y for CX251 on 12/04. Asked the agent (who's defo a newbie as she didn't know what a guarantee booking is?!) to get me assigned a seat. it's scheduled to be 77D operating that flight and so i requested her to try book me into the bulkhead row 30/31. She told me 31ABC has already been assigned (or blocked, whatever) and so is the middle bulkhead row 30. And then she went on telling me that the bulkhead on the HJK side starts at row 33?!

now, i've flown on the 77W, or in general, CX, to know that all flights (without Y+), the 1st row of Y starts at either row 30/31. So i said to the agent to just leave it and i'll sort out myself online. logged in online to find that she wasn't actually lying to me and the HJK side of Y does actually start at row 33, with nothing (not even blocked rows) showing between rows 30-32.

went to check all the different variations of seat-maps for the 77Ws and alas found no match!

could anyone please explain whats going on, or is it one of those boring old 'system upgrade glitches'?!

thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:38 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Those rows are missing in the 77D converted from 77A. More info in the thread below

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...d-variant.html

Last edited by JALPak; Apr 9, 2012 at 3:45 am
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
As said above, all retrofitted 77D are missing those 2 row of seats on the right side due to new position of toilet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.