Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Unable to retrive eticket number for CX/lounge access help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Hi,
Sorry if this has been mentioned over and over. But after I booked a AA+CX rt U class using my AAdvantage miles and the ticket has been issued by AA, I was unable to get the eticket number from CX. (the AA eticket number doesn't work on CX). AA gave me the 5-letter ref code and asked me to call CX; CX said this ticket was purchased using AA mile so no eticket number for me. Any suggestions?

Also what credential should I use in order to access the BA/CX lounge at JFK? Just my boarding pass plus ID? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by mediator

Also what credential should I use in order to access the BA/CX lounge at JFK? Just my boarding pass plus ID? Thanks!
Yes, they don't need your ticket to access the lounge. Just your boarding pass in respective classes (ie Business, or First) or your OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald card. If you don't have the latter, when you travel in Business or First class , you are allowed to enter the lounges.

What other airline requires you to show them your e-ticket?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Well, I want to have eticket number in hand just to avoid scenario like the GA at JFK says "sorry, sir, we could not find your reservation!"
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Print out the e-Ticket confirmation email that you received from AA, and you'll be fine for check-in.

[At check-in you'll receive both your boarding pass and lounge invite. Your boarding pass alone will also get you lounge entrance at JFK.]

If you make any date/time changes, AA will email you a new e-Ticket confirmation, and it is the most recent one that you need to carry with you. If you make any last minute date/time changes, don't hang up until they provide you with the new e-Ticket #, and be certain to bring that with you to the airport, and again you'll be fine.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Guy Betsy and jbalmuth
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
A quick note - you need the confirmation locator, not the ticket number.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by garykung
A quick note - you need the confirmation locator, not the ticket number.
Based on my own travel experiences traveling on CX with AA-issued e-Tickets, it is very, very useful having the AA e-Ticket number close at hand during check-in. IME, the CX check-in agent never has difficulty finding my reservation, but at least 50% of the time, the required AA e-Ticket # field has not been correctly populated, and boarding passes cannot be issued until this issue is resolved. I simply provide the number to them, and have then been good-to-go. Perhaps I've been unlucky, but given that it's not a rare/unique exception, having the AA e-Ticket # (along with the CX locator code) is highly recommended.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:12 pm

If you go to manage my booking and try to add personal information(like passport number) it will not let you in without the cx eticket number. How do you deal with that?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jmj9905
If you go to manage my booking and try to add personal information(like passport number) it will not let you in without the cx eticket number. How do you deal with that?
If you booked your CX flight with an AA flight number, whether thru aa.com or travel website, you cannot get a CX reservation code as its not a CX booking. Everything you do, from seat selection to passport information and special meal selection, you need to only do that directly with AA and NOT CX.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you booked your CX flight with an AA flight number, whether thru aa.com or travel website, you cannot get a CX reservation code as its not a CX booking. Everything you do, from seat selection to passport information and special meal selection, you need to only do that directly with AA and NOT CX.
With the 5 digit CX locator (easily obtained simply by calling CX), I've never had any difficulty whatsoever either choosing my seats or booking special meals at cathaypacific.com. I agree re the passport info, or any of the other components of "My details", that without a CX e-Ticket number one cannot input info. However, that restriction does not apply to the "Seat/Other Services" tab.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:48 am

It is an award ticket thru AA. I do have the cx pnr number and was able to make seat selection thru manage my booking. It was the personal information I was having trouble with. I had given the information to AA when I booked the tickets but it does not show up on the MYB at cx. Will I be able to check in online without the eticket number?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Recently did this via LAX. AA can check you in to your CX flight, my suggestions would be when you get to JFK to re-check with CX who will print out all of your Lounge Invitations for both JFK as well as HKG.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:40 pm

Thanks execplatscum!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Even for code-shares, there is still a record locator on the operating carrier's end. It used to be that even the CX-KA code-share FLT booked on a CX PNR has a separate "KA record locator." (Since CX and KA use the same system, the CX and KA record locators are usually only one letter apart, such as JABCD/CX and JABCE/KA) Don't know if that's still true, though. I've never booked a AA FLT operated by CX, but in my numerous bookings involving CX FLTs operated by AA, there are always AA record locators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.