Wiki Posts
Search

Intra-Asia F routes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I booked an F award on this same flight number for early Dec. also. Have been saddened to see it go from a 747 to a 777 and now 333 - All J seats!
Que Bueno
My F award flight in early Dec also has now changed from 77W to 333.

There are F Options much later in the day, or vey late the evening prior. Of course of these possibilities will impact either arrangements on arrival at BKK, or require an accom switch from overnight HKG to BKK.

Oh well.....
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
I am just busy scheduling some family holiday trip within SE Asia - One of the idea is to be able to maximise various F experiences with short intra asian flights among all local carriers : TG, SQ, CX...

Using AS miles, I was therefore investigating the CX F award option for the BKK to HKG route, but it looks like real russian roulette as i am booking 6 months ahead. The other issue I discovered is that, while AS is offering now one way award on CX, you can't have a HKG stopover for intra asia trip (ie you need to have an international segment..)

Anyhow, I finally found that this BKK to HKG was also an EK 5th freedom route - So we will most likely end up booking a revenue ticket on EK384 which has a good schedule (13.45 - 17.15) - At least, no equipment swap risk here :-)

At 750 $ per one way F seat, this looks like the easiest way for an initial experience of the emirates first class on their A380 (the kids will enjoy of course the Y seats downstairs, priced at an 185 $ each)
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Our complicated trip uses QF points for 4 of us to fly BKK-HKG on the same flight in J - which looks to be a pleasant enough experience for 2:45.

It'll be Xmas eve, so maybe Santa will bring something special on this sector...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:30 am

Hi Thai-Wiki,
how many QF miles do you need to burn for such a flight ?
I did check with AS miles and BA avios, but not with QF...
Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nowhere near a knowledgeable enough to be a 'Thai-Wiki', just a Thai-Kiwi

It was 26,000 per pax in J. Have a look at http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...tsTables#jump4

Cheers, TK
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:53 am

Lol - Kiwi - Wiki

I was just busy scrolling through your impressively well recorded flight history and i guess this is why my subconscious ended typing wiki instaed of kiwi

Anyhow, same F trip with CX would require 27.5 k AS miles or 22.5 k BA avios...
One should of course check all tax and fee for a full comparison...

The issue with emirates is that you can't book such a HKG-BKK route with AS miles (not part of their award chart) and BA avios would require to book a r/t award.
I was not aware that you could get such One Way awards with QF...

Cheers

Last edited by Eddy421; Nov 9, 2013 at 4:04 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:23 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Hi All,

I'm looking for an updated thread showing which current intra-Asia routes have F products, preferably CX. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by b8b
Hi All,

I'm looking for an updated thread showing which current intra-Asia routes have F products, preferably CX. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
kix hnd pek(ka) almost confirmed at least 1 a day
bkk mnl tpe sin not 100% confirmed subject to roullette
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by b8b
Hi All,

Mate, kakas advice is sound, although if you insist on CX (not ka) I'd probably be even more conservative and say KIX and HND only. Bottom line is CX has played rouette with those other intra Asia routes for a long time and buyer beware. Particularly if you're burning miles. If you want to guarantee F, do long haul, KIX or HND. Otherwise you're taking risk.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I'm booked in F from HKG-CGK in August. My reservation is is still showing as valid, but they've zeroed out F on that route for the whole month. I assume that is an ominous sign? I know its a lottery, but does anyone know typically how often they send a 777 with F to CGK in the summer months? How long will it take for them to actually change the aircraft and make the downgrade?

Last edited by lax.sea.jnu; May 16, 2019 at 7:46 pm Reason: Wrong Airport Code
Old May 16, 2019, 10:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
I'm booked in F from HKG-JKT in August. My reservation is is still showing as valid, but they've zeroed out F on that route for the whole month. I assume that is an ominous sign? I know its a lottery, but does anyone know typically how often they send a 777 with F to JKT in the summer months? How long will it take for them to actually change the aircraft and make the downgrade?
CX can change the equipment a billion times between now and August if they wanted to, particularly on regional routes. Jakarta have been getting F quite a decent amount (usually flights CX777/CX776) in my experience, during peak travel season.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
CX can change the equipment a billion times between now and August if they wanted to, particularly on regional routes. Jakarta have been getting F quite a decent amount (usually flights CX777/CX776) in my experience, during peak travel season.
Right, but what I'm trying to figure out is why they would 0 out all F inventory and still leave the 777 on the route. Do they do this in case there is an equipment swap, so they don't have to downgrade as many folks? Or perhaps have they just not processed the internally-known equipment swap yet?
Old May 16, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I'm booked in F from HKG-JKT in August. My reservation is is still showing as valid, but they've zeroed out F on that route for the whole month. I assume that is an ominous sign? I know its a lottery, but does anyone know typically how often they send a 777 with F to JKT in the summer months? How long will it take for them to actually change the aircraft and make the downgrade?
Do you mean CGK? I thought like SGN and KUL (prior to the transfer) that if they get rostered a 4-class 77w, it's F seats but J service.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Right, but what I'm trying to figure out is why they would 0 out all F inventory and still leave the 777 on the route. Do they do this in case there is an equipment swap, so they don't have to downgrade as many folks? Or perhaps have they just not processed the internally-known equipment swap yet?
Seems like reasonable logic. I don't precisely know though.

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Do you mean CGK? I thought like SGN and KUL (prior to the transfer) that if they get rostered a 4-class 77w, it's F seats but J service.
Yea he means CGK. To be fair, sometimes to SGN (previously, reliably, now no) CGK it is sold as F. Other times it is as you described.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Seems like reasonable logic. I don't precisely know though.

Yea he means CGK. To be fair, sometimes to SGN (previously, reliably, now no) CGK it is sold as F. Other times it is as you described.
Sorry, yes I did mean CGK. Corrected above. Seems from the above posts there is a chance that F seating will be available with J service. In that case, I suppose it's good to have the F seat secured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.