Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intra-Asia F routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Is KIX always served with F or is it depending on the season?
Would it be safer to book NRT/HND instead to be sure they offer F?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Atlantico
Is KIX always served with F or is it depending on the season?
Would it be safer to book NRT/HND instead to be sure they offer F?
Not seasonal but can be ad hoc depending on the day. NRT would be safer (CX548/9) assuming that you are not actually wanting to go to Osaka.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Don't count on having an F cabin on any HKG/BKK flights, regardless of the direction. This route has one of the highest occurrences of aircraft substitution.
I am booked in F on a 744 from HKG-BKK using AA miles, originating from JFK. In the event of an equipment sub to a 2 class aircraft, what type of compensation does CX offer?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by RxCapt
I am booked in F on a 744 from HKG-BKK using AA miles, originating from JFK. In the event of an equipment sub to a 2 class aircraft, what type of compensation does CX offer?
I can't recall the threads, but this definitely has been brought up a lot - if I remember correctly, if you're travelling on AA miles your compensation is going to be very little.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RxCapt
Originally Posted by QRC3288
... if I remember correctly, if you're travelling on AA miles your compensation is going to be very little.
Yes, verrry little. Zero, to be precise. OTOH, it's a pretty short flight, especially if you are connecting from a JFK-HKG nonstop. You're traveling on my customary routing.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I can't recall the threads, but this definitely has been brought up a lot - if I remember correctly, if you're travelling on AA miles your compensation is going to be very little.
but i remember someone brought up complaining to AA and get some compensation miles
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Yes, verrry little. Zero, to be precise. OTOH, it's a pretty short flight, especially if you are connecting from a JFK-HKG nonstop. You're traveling on my customary routing.
Originally Posted by kaka
but i remember someone brought up complaining to AA and get some compensation miles
I'm not concerned about the duration of the flight. Before getting the JFK nonstop to HKG, I was originally booked JFK-YYZ (American Eagle)-HKG (CX 773 F)-BKK (CX A330 Y) so I'm very thrilled to be in F or worst case J on the BKK flight (even more thrilled that I don't have to connect in YYZ and can enjoy the CX experience for a little longer). However, if AA is compensating CX for F seats but then only provides J seats, I feel there should be some giveback on the part of CX.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
You're traveling on my customary routing.
Is that a friendly reminder that you will be competing on F seats if available?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 pm

I am currently in the middle of a JFK-HKG-BKK in F using BA miles. Couple of months ago BA informed me that the plane changed on HKG-BKK so they moved me to J. They basically laughed at me when I asked for compensation and (although I didn't really push it) were not at all flexible in changing the HKG-BKK to another South East Asia destination that still had F. It ultimately didn't matter because I wasn't going to change my trip to BKK over this I just wanted to see what BA would do, not much.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
CX F class service to CGK

Why does CX operate F class product to CGK only on Fridays not on other days of the week ?

What is the rationale for that
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Why does CX operate F class product to CGK only on Fridays not on other days of the week ?

What is the rationale for that
Perhaps extra aircraft availability in HKG on Fridays since not all 3-class longhaul flights are operated daily.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Perhaps extra aircraft availability in HKG on Fridays since not all 3-class longhaul flights are operated daily.

-FlyerBeek
...exactly. Someone at CX just trying to milk a little extra revenue because they know they've got it available on that day. Not really cool either, IMO...since that's one of the first routes to get the 3-class plane swapped out if any other routes requiring that metal go tech. As we've read from here countless times, infrequent CX travelers seem to book F awards tix to places like SIN/TPE/etc with spotty F service, and CX doesn't have any qualms with downgrading the aircraft at the last second.

It's probably overwhelmingly connecting-traffic (out of Europe and North America) driven, where CX (correctly) assumes that the bulk of the value in that F proposition is on the long-haul flight (and where CX derives little to no extra revenue by offering F to the destination beyond HKG, and nobody is booking stand-alone F for the short-haul). Just sucks for those pax who expect it on both legs and then get the aircraft downgrade. Seems to me to make a lot more sense just to always call it a two class airplane, and have a nice surprise for DMs and other elite pax who get the F cabin on the leg if the 3-class plane is there.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Is there any info on current intra-asia F segments?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid
Is there any info on current intra-asia F segments?
There seems to be some decent F availability on Singapore sectors these days. It's mostly 77W with a few 744 flights thrown in. Some days have upto 3 flights with F scheduled (and some days, none at all).

You can probably find a schedule that works for you - but there's always a risk of aircraft sub and F disappearing and being replaced with regional J. However, I'd like to think that CX would want to avoid that situation when F passengers are ticketed to fly.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by midlevels
There seems to be some decent F availability on Singapore sectors these days. It's mostly 77W with a few 744 flights thrown in. Some days have upto 3 flights with F scheduled (and some days, none at all).

You can probably find a schedule that works for you - but there's always a risk of aircraft sub and F disappearing and being replaced with regional J. However, I'd like to think that CX would want to avoid that situation when F passengers are ticketed to fly.
Thanks. Any luck on India or MNL flights?

Im also scheduled on Dragonair F PVG-HKG. Would that be proper F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.