Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

JFK-HKG-SGN vegetarian in F, Whats it like?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

What is a vegetarian meals like in F JFK-HKG then on to SGN in J?.

The only reason I will order vegetarian is cause I don't eat meat or Chicken I do eat fish and I would like to enjoy the full F meal Experience as this is my first F International flight in my life!

Cheers-
Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If you do eat fish, then request for a seafood meal. Or asian vegetarian.

If you order the meal, it will be uplifted for you. There usually is a vegetarian option too and there are snacks throughout the flight you also is vegetarian. It is sometimes better to pick and choose what you like to eat onboard.

Order the meal, and if you don't like what you had preordered, you may decline it and eat what is available on board.

Remember that there are more than just one kind of vegetarian meal available especially on non-US carriers. There's indian veg, vegan, lacto-ovo, asian veg, normal veg, oriental veg, just to name a few!

Enjoy your first First experience!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you do eat fish, then request for a seafood meal. Or asian vegetarian.

Enjoy your first First experience!
Thanks I think the Asian vegetarian sounds good as I like Asian food and I will just pick and choose as I read the Menu and order the meals from the flight attendent and thanks for your wishes.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ual902
Thanks I think the Asian vegetarian sounds good as I like Asian food and I will just pick and choose as I read the Menu and order the meals from the flight attendent and thanks for your wishes.
As long as you are not Vegan, you should be ok. There is always freshly cooked steamed rice for the main courses, and the cheese and fruit selection is usually yummy too, so is the breakfast which has freshly cooked eggs.

I've recently attempted to switch to vegan - and its hard - especially in asia !
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies really looking forward to my first International First Class Expreince, will I meet celebrities on First Class JFK - HKG? or just free loaders like me using award miles? LOL

my friend once met Rhianna on First class BA LHR - LAX
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:31 am

The Asian vegetarian meal is Indian, Hindu style. If you want Chinese style, you should order Oriental vegetarian.

If you are vegan, there are several choices besides the standard western vegan. Oriental vegetarian and strict Indian vegetarian are also vegan.

CX will also have a few Indian style vegetarian meals that are "canned" and are intended for passengers who forgot to order a special meal. There are 4 different styles. You need to ask the crew for these since they are not on the menu. They will also have a vegetarian in instant noodle as a snack.

According to the Marco Polo club, there is no seafood special meal.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by miki13331
According to the Marco Polo club, there is no seafood special meal.
The list of available meals is here: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en...s/specialmeals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.