Wiki Posts
Search

HK Xmas drinks?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Let me clarify as kaka may be lack of sleep: We are doing it on New Year Eve where we get off work earlier than normal (which is 31 Dec)
thanks.... i am in full out holiday mood this week :P
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Let me clarify as kaka may be lack of sleep: We are doing it on New Year Eve where we get off work earlier than normal (which is 31 Dec)
Thanks for the update ChrisLi, I thought my brain was going off there for a moment
My brain has to constantly think about the day difference between North America and HKG.
That and my FT time is operating on Central time zone (eg. ORD) really threw me off.

Originally Posted by kaka
thanks.... i am in full out holiday mood this week :P
Lol, more drinks for more holiday mood, hehe
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Thanks for the update ChrisLi, I thought my brain was going off there for a moment
My brain has to constantly think about the day difference between North America and HKG.
That and my FT time is operating on Central time zone (eg. ORD) really threw me off.

Lol, more drinks for more holiday mood, hehe
indeed, i was thinking of opening a bottle at the IFC podium from the wine shop in the mall, but chris stopped me from doing so!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
So two drinks meetings on schedule for the week:

* tomorrow (31 Dec) at 1600 at Sky Bar at the Sheraton

And also

* tonight (30 Dec) I'm meeting up with cxfan1960 at the Lobby Bar at the InterContinental at 2200 if anyone cares to join us.

I will greatly appreciate drinking companions beyond the screaming children who seem to have taken over the Towers Lounge at the hotel.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by techgirl
So two drinks meetings on schedule for the week:

* tomorrow (31 Dec) at 1600 at Sky Bar at the Sheraton

I will greatly appreciate drinking companions beyond the screaming children who seem to have taken over the Towers Lounge at the hotel.

K, I'm good to go for tomorrow, the 31st barring any crazy events or what nots .

Techgirl, I guess us EXPs find kettles everywhere
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
The staff is checking for me what time they plan to close the Sky Lounge tomorrow to prepare for the NYE buffet. If they can't accommodate us, she will find us a comparable alternative. I should know somethin when I come back for drinks tonight.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:53 pm
Suspended

The staff is checking for me what time they plan to close the Sky Lounge tomorrow to prepare for the NYE buffet. If they can't accommodate us, she will find us a comparable alternative. I should know somethin when I come back for drinks tonight.
phew. i was expecting something along the lines of that. worst case of all we can head back to IFC.... I'm not a big fan of those local pubs in TST.
but watch out, Lo temps around low 10s C tomorrow! (and single digits through weekend)
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sky Lounge will not be open for drinks tomorrow afternoon.

A couple ideas:

* Lobby Bar IS still open
* There's a cute little wine shop/cafe upstairs at 1881 that has a very reasonable drinks menu

I can always have you guys up to the Towers Lounge and you just pay for consumption. But cocktails there don't start until 5:30 and it's been jam packed this week.

I'm also open to other suggestions. I decided to skip out on the spendy dinners for NYE in favor of a good bottle of champagne and room service so timing is not as urgent for me as I thought it might be.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
German pub TST

we are going to the Biergarten in Hanoi Rd for drinks and a meal 1830 hrs on to ensure getting a table
It is nearby the new Hyatt Regency tower
Most places with views (for the midnight fireworks) will be at a premium
If all else fails here is another idea
^
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:53 am

phew. i was expecting something along the lines of that. worst case of all we can head back to IFC.... I'm not a big fan of those local pubs in TST.
Sky Lounge will not be open for drinks tomorrow afternoon.

A couple ideas:

* Lobby Bar IS still open
* There's a cute little wine shop/cafe upstairs at 1881 that has a very reasonable drinks menu

I can always have you guys up to the Towers Lounge and you just pay for consumption. But cocktails there don't start until 5:30 and it's been jam packed this week.

I'm also open to other suggestions.

I don't care if it's TST or Central, either works about the same for me.
Just have it at a reasonably easy location(and hopefully non-smoking ) so I can find it
My directions is HKG is lacking nowadays, not in town enough
And hopefully a way to get myself home, I wouldn't want to get stuck in Canton Road for example
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I think let's stick with Sheraton at their Lobby Bar? I should have remember Red Bar @ IFC is pretty damn windy ..... afterall we are there for chat not for scenary (And not for eating wind)

(The evil inside me says let's go marriott so I can get some points )
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:39 am
Suspended

I think let's stick with Sheraton at their Lobby Bar? I should have remember Red Bar @ IFC is pretty damn windy ..... afterall we are there for chat not for scenary (And not for eating wind)

my 2cents:
i'm not a fan of the sheraton lobby lounge (it's pretty generic). if you can get a decent sitting at marriott(or either renaissance: the HK one is just off the wanchai star ferry pier so its not at all bad for techgirl as well.) i'm totally open for it. most of the IFC bars have an indoors section.

OR, we can go to the towers lounge... so i can get SPG points.

re non smoking: most indoors area are non smoking now anyway, as long as we stay away from the bars in commercial buildings
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:49 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C145 Safari/528.16)

my 2cents:
i'm not a fan of the sheraton lobby lounge (it's pretty generic). if you can get a decent sitting at marriott(or either renaissance: the HK one is just off the wanchai star ferry pier so its not at all bad for techgirl as well.) i'm totally open for it. most of the IFC bars have an indoors section.

OR, we can go to the towers lounge... so i can get SPG points.

re non smoking: most indoors area are non smoking now anyway, as long as we stay away from the bars in commercial buildings
Well you 2 decide somehow and I'll read the decision in the morning.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep me posted....
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:28 am
Suspended

think ISO bar @ IFC podium is the safest against closure for NYE tacky dinner. I've called and no ir-ops for tmr afternoon.

meet there at 1600hrs?(i think the outdoors part would be too cool? we'll decide tmr)

Fail-safe at classified exchange square which is maybe a 5 min walk thru the mall...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.