Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Curacao from Aruba?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Bon Tarde!!! According to Delta here in Aruba you will have to pick up your luggage (hope you only have carryon) then recheck it with Delta - yes you must go over to the Departure Terminal to do this and to pick up your boarding pass at check-in. You will then have to go through US customs the way I laid it out above. Reclaim your luggage, etc. 1:10 seems a little short to me ??
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Linda VH
Bon Tarde!!! According to Delta here in Aruba you will have to pick up your luggage (hope you only have carryon) then recheck it with Delta - yes you must go over to the Departure Terminal to do this and to pick up your boarding pass at check-in. You will then have to go through US customs the way I laid it out above. Reclaim your luggage, etc. 1:10 seems a little short to me ??
Wow!!! How nice of you to take time out of your day to call them for me. That's the true FT spirit

I will only have a carry-on so no need to wait for luggage/reclaim, etc. I would just walk off DAE, run to DL, check-in (why cant I do this online and print BP??), then go through customs. I was just worried that they would be closed one hour before flight time. Im in Business Class to on the flight to ATL if that helps at all. Did they say what time they cut off check-in before the flight? No bags, just carryon.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Okay, according to Delta here - they do indeed close the ticket counter 1 hour prior to flight time. You CAN print out your boarding pass BUT immigration (the little guy that lets you in the first door) does not accept BP's printed on line. Delta says he can make an exception but that there is no guarantee that he will make that exception for you. You also need your customs form filled out before approaching the gentleman as well. Doesn't sound too good to me - hope you work it out. Linda
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonder if there is a way for me to let them know that I am connecting from another flight so they know Im coming. Do you know if there is someone I can contact there? I wish there were an airside transfer desk. Since the flight is an 8.50am departure, Im hoping they leave it open a little later for last-minute scragglers...I wonder if it makes any difference that Im a Business Class pax?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

I mentioned that you were Business Class (said you were a relative/friend) and it didn't seem to matter to them. You might try asking Delta but otherwise???? The guy I talked to was the same one from yesterday and did not indicate there was anything else he could do. It is very small here without alot of extras.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your help...Im printing my boarding pass online just in case (if I can while in Curacao) and going through immigration that way. There should be no reason for them to turn me away as that is a legitimate boarding pass and I really have no other choice. I wonder how punctual DAE's flights are from Curacao...the block time is only 30 minutes, Im hoping it's on time! Thanks for your help! I dont understand why there is no airside transfer desk; oh well!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Just dropped hubby off at airport and realized I made a slight error. The building on the extreme left is for internationa departures ONLY so you'll be just a tad closer as you'll come into the "all arrivals" building. It is a bit of a walk and if there are lines go to the extreme left at immigration (it says locals and crew but we all ignore and they take us).
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an update, I BARELY made it (we're talking seconds here), and the DL agents were very rude. I explained that they should be aware people are making connections. Thanks so much for your help Linda VH!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Your welcome! Glad you made it! ^
Old Apr 27, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have only flown in and out of BON and CUR. the flights were never right, frequently badly ovebooked, and full of locals. the solution was to be ugly to all (and to cut the AC back). one of the few places in the Caribbean that was just downright nasty.

arrival at bwi is also no fun.

bon bimini, or whatever the hell they say.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Sorry to hear you say that as I'm popping over to Curacao from Aruba on mid-May. I'm at The Royal Sea Aquarium which is supposed to be very nice.

Boni Bini!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.