Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

How long to transfer at Port of Spain, Trinidad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

I will be arriving POS at 7:29 pm (CO flight) and want to immediately head to Tobago. The last flight of the night to Tobago is at 8:30. Assuming we get upgraded (front of incoming plane) and arrive on time on our CO flight and not check any luggage, can we realistically make that 8:30 flight?

Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 7:28 am

Programs: CO One Pass, AAdvantage
Unfortunately that sounds pretty tight to me. They close off check-in for Caribbean Airlines flights to Tobago 45 minutes before departure. Even if you aren't checking bags, and despite the fact that our airport is pretty small, 15 minutes to get through immigration and customs is a bit optimistic.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
we played it safe and went for the next flight, so we had about 1:45 to make the connection. after going through customs, checking in for the tobago express flight, and getting TTDs, we still had about 1:20 to sit out front and have a few stags (don't recommend stag beer, by the way). but this was in the morning, maybe it's a lot more hectic at night.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:29 am

As other have said - that is cutting it very close. There is also an extra consideration; you didn't say when you are traveling. Nov 5 is Election Day in Trinidad & Tobago - no matter who wins there will be additional traffic on the route which can result in overbooking. The route is notorious for bumping confirmed passengers to acomodate VIPs

Otherwise enjoy your stay!
Old Oct 29, 2007, 1:34 pm

Just a quick update - the Air Traffic Controllers at POS are currently on strike, so expect delays with all flights in and out of POS or TAB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.