Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Dominican Republic - Suggested All Inclusive Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat

Wondering suggestions all inclusive Dominican Republic hotels at an affordable price.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where in the DR?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Wondering suggestions all inclusive Dominican Republic hotels at an affordable price.

What part of the DR??? Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana, Juan Julio?

For a wealth of information on all things DR, try this website:

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:59 am

deleted -- double posting

Last edited by JCinNYC; Oct 9, 2007 at 12:06 pm
Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:05 pm

*** bump ***

How about hotels in Punta Cana? We are two guys in our early 30's looking to spend a weekend there, and a couple of days in Sto Domingo before or after Punta Cana.

We thought about doing non all-inclusive in Sto Domingo to experience the local food and real Domincan culture, and then beach time in Punta Cana. So in PC, we are looking for a good value resort - not super expensive but 3*+ and clean, ease access to the beach, with no/less kids if possible. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 6:23 am

- since I hate having to pre-book all restaurants a week in advance (or being told that they are fully booked for the rest of the week), and I don't like buffet dinners serving the same (non-local) food 7 days a week...

- since I don't want to stay within the resort for a whole week...

is it possible to find a NON all inclusive place in the Punta Cana area????
Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Originally Posted by Joelle
- since I hate having to pre-book all restaurants a week in advance (or being told that they are fully booked for the rest of the week), and I don't like buffet dinners serving the same (non-local) food 7 days a week...

- since I don't want to stay within the resort for a whole week...

is it possible to find a NON all inclusive place in the Punta Cana area????
Last I knew the Italian-owned Hotel Gran Caribe was still NON all inclusive. I share your dislike for all-inclusive resorts (and prisons in general) but Punta Cana has been developed in the opposite direction. At least the independent restaurateurs and food merchants of Punta Cana will be happy to see you. Good luck!
Old Oct 24, 2007, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by ohioflyer
Last I knew the Italian-owned Hotel Gran Caribe was still NON all inclusive. I share your dislike for all-inclusive resorts (and prisons in general) but Punta Cana has been developed in the opposite direction. At least the independent restaurateurs and food merchants of Punta Cana will be happy to see you. Good luck!

I think we shall stick to St Martin as a holiday destination.... Husband is still hesitating, but I think my choice is made... and when wife has decided...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.