Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJU to Virgin Gorda Charters

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:14 am
Original Poster

SJU to Virgin Gorda Charters

Does anyone have any recent experience with charter flights from San Juan to Virgin Gorda?

I am trying to decide between Fly-BVI and Island Birds.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Last trip I used the scheduled service of Air Sunshine. Can't comment on their charter services but I see they have those as well.

http://www.airsunshine.com/SJU-VIJ.htm

Also this previous thread with similar destinations.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=sunshine
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im considering doing a ferry transfer from STT or STX to Virgin Gorda...can anyone shed any light on how this is reserved?

How far from the airport? How long on the boat? How easy to transfer to hotels from boat?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im considering doing a ferry transfer from STT or STX to Virgin Gorda...can anyone shed any light on how this is reserved?

How far from the airport? How long on the boat? How easy to transfer to hotels from boat?
First, forget about STX for this purpose. St Croix is part of the US Virgin Islands, but separated by a lot of water from St Thomas and St John. There is absolutely no ferry service between STX and Virgin Gorda.

Depending on the day of the week, and the time of your arrival, a ferry journey from STT to Virgin Gorda may involve changing ferries at Tortola. Riding around on a boat in the Caribbean is fun, but at some point the air trip starts to look good.

From STT your ferry will likely leave from Charlotte Amalie which is quite close to the airport. Red Hook is a ferry station further away, but not at all inconvenient. The airport taxi men are very efficient at organizing your journey to the appropriate ferry.

The ferry operators are as subject to change as their schedules. Check their schedules on the internet, and if you don't have confidence that their website has been updated recently, give them a call.

I've never reserved a ferry to the BVI, and don't know if they even take reservations for passengers. It's much more like hopping on a bus than going to the airport and getting on a plane. I know the ferries that take cars/cargo etc will want reservations for those things.

Good luck!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks! This is helpful information. Perhaps Ill book a flight srom SXM (another place Ill be) to Tortola and take the ferry from there.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! This is helpful information. Perhaps Ill book a flight srom SXM (another place Ill be) to Tortola and take the ferry from there.

http://bvivacations.com/Ferry.html

the ferry dock from tortola is quite a way from the airport on beef island.

the bomba charger is no more.

these are big boats, I do not think need to reserve. they do not run frequently(like hourly). they are surprisingly or shockingly expensive. I think usvi to virgin gorda is about $60pp rt.

I don't know where your hotel on virgin gorda be, but the bitter end and others out there are a long way from the spanish town ferry dock.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 4:54 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
To the OP, I know it's late but from SJU we use Air Sunshine which flies Cessna 402C's on that route. If you're in the San Juan area, another option (which I prefer) is Seabourne Airlines which flies seaplanes from Old San Juan to Virgin Gorda daily... quicker and no TSA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.