Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bermuda - Lodging recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by turtlegirl
Pinniped, How did you locate Mazarine by the Sea? I'm not finding a web site. Just a few pics. on trip advisor with a few glowing reviews. Did you see the 9 Beaches resort in your travels and if so any opinions?
I don't think I found a website, but I did have an email (mazarinebythesea_at_ibl.bm) and they responded to that fairly quickly - unfortunately, they were booked for my date.

Still looking for recommendations that may have availability in July, with a nice restaurant and beach close-by!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Just to revive the Bermuda hotel question. Any thoughts on the differences between the Fairmont properties on the island? Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Southampton is a resort (golf, beach, etc.). The Princess is in the city. Both are very nice in terms of room amentities and quality of service, etc. I have found the Princess rooms to be on the small side whereas, based on a sample size of 1, the room I had in Southampton was enormous.

Location: from the Princess you can walk to a number of shops and restaurants. IIRC, it would likely require a cab to reach even the nearest restaruant to the Southampton.

There may be a shuttle available between the two properties, or a chance to do a two-property stay on the same trip.
--
13F
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:20 am

It looks like we are going to stay at The Reefs. I hope that it works out. Now if anyone knows a good Scuba diving shop (perhaps not Blue Water as it has been mentioned to be very crowded) I would appreciate it.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:59 pm

I thought I would follow up on my trip to the Reefs. It is just in the middle of building for a number of "timeshare" type units that they are selling. The good part is they have really spent some time and effort redoing the place. We had a lovely time and count it as a very relaxing holiday. The main dining room is new as from July 1st and the other main restaurant is from Aug. 1st. I felt they have improved quite a bit from 11 years ago. The bad part would be the proximity to the building but in reality the worst is well past.

By the way we found Triangle Diving at The Grotto Bay Resort to be very good. We had a two tank dive and were impressed with the team.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by 3galsontour
I thought I would follow up on my trip to the Reefs. It is just in the middle of building for a number of "timeshare" type units that they are selling. The good part is they have really spent some time and effort redoing the place. We had a lovely time and count it as a very relaxing holiday. The main dining room is new as from July 1st and the other main restaurant is from Aug. 1st. I felt they have improved quite a bit from 11 years ago. The bad part would be the proximity to the building but in reality the worst is well past.

By the way we found Triangle Diving at The Grotto Bay Resort to be very good. We had a two tank dive and were impressed with the team.
Very nice. Thanks for updating us. The Reefs has a blog too that I think the owners or staff post to on their website.

Looking forward to seeing how the fractional ownership units turn out - they seem to be marketing them HARD - which may backfire at some point. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.