Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turks & Caicos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Turks & Caicos

We stayed at the Beaches Resort in Turks & Caicos. The island and resort were beautiful. We liked Turks because not too many travelers had found the destination at the time, the water was clear and the beach was terrific. Even though we took a child and the resort was geared toward children, there were too many. We'd like to find a destination similar to Turks and Caicos. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Are you saying that you felt there were to many children at the resort? Would yourecommend this place to adults without children?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

No, I would not recommend Beaches in Turks & Caicos to couples without children. Don't get me wrong, the resort was very nice. Parents tended to let their children run loose. There are several other nice resorts on the island that are nice for adults only. I highly recommend Turks & Caicos.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:51 am

I am going to Turks and Caicos this week. I read some bad reviews about Beaches. Some good though but quite a few bad ones.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

When we were at beaches two years ago, it was a very nice resort. Clean, good food, good entertainment. The servers could have been a little more friendly. Have a fun and safe trip. Wish I were returning to Turks! The water is the most beautiful I've ever seen. We took a seashell and Iguana Island Tour that was well worth the money.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
There were too many children at Breezes? That is like complaining about too many naked people at a nudist resort. I could tell you about my favorite spot, but I like it because you seldom see a child.
Old May 7, 2005, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
There were too many children at Breezes? That is like complaining about too many naked people at a nudist resort. I could tell you about my favorite spot, but I like it because you seldom see a child.
YOUR spot is where we'd like to visit in T&C Care to share or PM the resort?

Thanks
Old May 10, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
I have no children, and would love to know about your favorite place! I am planning a Caribbean trip right now.
Old May 11, 2005, 3:01 pm

Club Med's Turkoise

Waiting on your suggestion. We have heard Club Med's Turkoise is a good option for an Adults-Only vacation on T&C. Any takes on this resort?
Old May 11, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I stayed at the Allegro Resort about 5 years ago. I loved it! It's a shame it was bulldozed to build condos as it was a very reasonable alternative to the beaches property.

If I go back, I would likely stay in one of the condos. There are lots to choose from on Grace BAy.
Old May 14, 2005, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
On Provo, Ocean Club is where I spent a nice weekend. Club Med is neighbor on the beach, so you can walk over and get something to eat and be grateful for not choosing it as a place to stay.

Ocean club would be one of the condos mentioned in the previous post. Quite civilized during my visit about eight years ago.

Last edited by hedoman; May 14, 2005 at 9:36 am
Old May 22, 2005, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by last2board
I have no children, and would love to know about your favorite place! I am planning a Caribbean trip right now.
I was in the Turks and Caicos last month. We stayed at the Ocean Club Resort

http://www.ocean-club.com/

Really liked it. Visited Ocean Club West sister property and did not like it.

Royal West Indies Resort was also very nice and in same price range.

Parrot Cay where all the stars have homes apparently is also very nice but on a private island 30 minutes by boat away.

Fancier resports on Provo are the Palms which looked quite nice and Grace Bay.

But we were very happy at the Ocean Club Resort.
Old May 22, 2005, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Phl_Gd
Waiting on your suggestion. We have heard Club Med's Turkoise is a good option for an Adults-Only vacation on T&C. Any takes on this resort?
Club Med was our neighbour. It's huge and the beach is very nice. Did not like the pool area though. Apparently rooms are small. If you like Club Med which I personally don't (was in Moorea years ago and disliked the noise and GMs) then you may like it.

Go to Tripadvisor.com and you can read reviews.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:37 am

Programs: HHDia NWASE AAGold MarriottSilver
Originally Posted by tazi
I stayed at the Allegro Resort about 5 years ago. I loved it! It's a shame it was bulldozed to build condos as it was a very reasonable alternative to the beaches property.

If I go back, I would likely stay in one of the condos. There are lots to choose from on Grace BAy.
I so agree! We were there two yrs ago and checked into Beaches. The following day we went for a long walk on the beach for a little break from the millions of unsupervised children that swarm Beaches, and the sewer back up smell in our room, and came upon the Allegro. We checked out of Beaches the next day and went to the Allegro. We had avoided the Allegro because of the many poor reviews on Trip Advisor. Not only was it more affordable than Beaches, but it was better all around in every way, and so far is our favorite all-inclusive we've been to, and had the best spot on beautiful Grace Bay beach. I wonder if they also destroyed that great multi level pool? We still remember the words to the resort song "Shake it out, shake it out". We're on a quest now to find another all-inclusive that we enjoyed so much, but so far, this one has our vote, too bad it had to die.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:12 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tazi
I stayed at the Allegro Resort about 5 years ago. I loved it! It's a shame it was bulldozed to build condos as it was a very reasonable alternative to the beaches property
yes it was very reasonable, we had stayed there as well, too bad it is no longer. We did not like the food there, as it was all-inclusive and just ok.
Scuba on Provo was some of the best diving we've done anywhere, coral was in pristine condition. ^

Some other lodging on T & C:

The Palms on Provo www.thepalmstc.com , also Point Grace www.pointgrace.com

Less pricey Ocean Club www.oceanclubresorts.com

On Middle Caicos Blue Horizon Cottages www.bhresort.com

--

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.