Turks & Caicos

Old Mar 14, 06, 12:40 pm

Programs: NW Plat Elite
We went to Beaches Turks & Caicos several years ago with another couple. We did NOT take children and had a wonderful time. We found that on the first full day of most people's arrival (Sunday) they'd keep their children out in the sun all day - oddly enough - we rarely saw the children after that. (Guess they were all in the infirmary with sunburn!)
Beaches CAN be for adults - you just have to know how to plan your days. If you are a pool dweller, rather than a beach bunny - keep in mind that most of the kids (and parents of said children) are in the pool. Many of the restaurants there are adults only all the time or at least after a certain time. Plan for a late dinner - if you're going to go to eat at 6 pm - you'll be inundated by children.
We hit the Carribbean every March and we try to never stay at the same place twice. We've hit Beach T&C 3 times in 4 years! We absolutely love it there - the staff is superb, food is good, premium drinks, no tipping and beautiful beaches! ^
Old Mar 15, 06, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chocolatechick
We went to Beaches Turks & Caicos several years ago with another couple. We did NOT take children and had a wonderful time. We found that on the first full day of most people's arrival (Sunday) they'd keep their children out in the sun all day - oddly enough - we rarely saw the children after that. (Guess they were all in the infirmary with sunburn!)
^
Sun roasted kid is a T&C delicacy, usually served only at sunday brunch with a tropical salsa.
Old Dec 14, 20, 9:21 pm

what are the reasonably priced beach resorts in TCI other than Ocean Club ?
Old Jul 9, 21, 11:37 am

Anyone stayed at Ritz Carlton who would share thoughts?
Old Jul 9, 21, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by arkyrab View Post
Anyone stayed at Ritz Carlton who would share thoughts?
The RC is a monstrosity that should have never been approved by the T&C government. A huge part of the allure of the T&C is that there were no high rises. Now there's randomly this 12/13 story (maybe taller?) structure, on Grace Bay no less. Such an eye sore and such a big bummer - for the price point you can stay at many other options like West Bay, Shore Club, and others. Maybe even Waymara depending on your dates.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Sep 5, 21, 8:47 pm

Thanks for your insight.
Old Oct 15, 21, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Flight at 7am - authorization still pending

My flight is at 7am tomorrow morning to Turks and Caicos and my application to enter still shows Pending. Given that their hours are 8am to 6pm Im guessing this trip is a total bust. Anyone else had this problem?
I took the COVID test as soon as possible Wednesday, 3 days before the trip. Got the results first thing Thursday morning, and immediately uploaded them and applied for authorization on the Turks and Caicos website. As the clock approached 6 today with no results, I began emailing. No reply. When I call it just says the mailbox is full.
If anyone reading this is planning a trip to T&C, dont do it until they change their COVID procedures. Not worth the stress.
Old Nov 16, 21, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by phatty View Post
My flight is at 7am tomorrow morning to Turks and Caicos and my application to enter still shows Pending. Given that their hours are 8am to 6pm Im guessing this trip is a total bust. Anyone else had this problem?
I took the COVID test as soon as possible Wednesday, 3 days before the trip. Got the results first thing Thursday morning, and immediately uploaded them and applied for authorization on the Turks and Caicos website. As the clock approached 6 today with no results, I began emailing. No reply. When I call it just says the mailbox is full.
If anyone reading this is planning a trip to T&C, dont do it until they change their COVID procedures. Not worth the stress.
Yes, we had this happen in July. Twelve hours before the flight, only three out of six family members were approved. It was random, as all submitted at the same time. Rather than bail, we asked our hotel to intervene locally and they were able to have the rest processed within 30 minutes.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:26 am

Programs: Emirates, Air France, KLM
We stayed at the East Bay Resort on South Caicos - we chose on our second visit as we found the North Caicos/Providenciales areas just too crowded - we're into more relaxed quiet and diving oriented bases - so horses for courses - but well worth checking out for their low-density beaches alone!
Old Apr 26, 22, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, AC35k
All testing and the dreaded portal gone from May 1.
https://magneticmediatv.com/2022/04/...no-more-tests/

Search this Thread