Wiki Posts
Search

Jamaica recommendations and safety tips

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Jamaica recommendations and safety tips

Hi all, I am going to Jamaica next month and would love to know if anyone has any recommendations and safety tips, thanks a lot!
Old May 7, 2023, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AdamCO2
Hi all, I am going to Jamaica next month and would love to know if anyone has any recommendations and safety tips, thanks a lot!
The U.S. Department of State does:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

("Jamaica Travel Advisory")
​​​​​​
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I think you have to read that travel advisory with a cautionary eye. Yes, there are huge areas of Jamaica that are off limits. There's no reason for visitors to find themselves in any of them. The advisory singles out areas of Montego Bay, but visitors shouldn't find themselves in those neighborhoods.

To the OP, where are you staying?
Old May 12, 2023, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Lived there as a pre-teen in the 50s, and have visited quite a few times in recent years. If you’re looking at an AI Resort, that’s fine. A bit if local color in daytime is fine too. But be very aware out there … there’s a lot if crime and drugs. Such a shame for what was a lovely country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.