Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quiet, white sands babymoon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Quiet, white sands babymoon

Due to last minute rescheduling at work, my wife and I both have a week off next month and are looking for a place to babymoon.

What we're looking for:

Clean quiet beach
Relaxing ocean view from our room
Good food - doesn't have to be great
Pregnancy safe - clean water, no malaria/insects
Smaller boutique feel

Our goal is to sit on the beach, read, and watch the water.

Peter Island fulfills our list, but at the top end of our price range.
What are some other options we should look at?

Thanks,

-Jim

Last edited by Jslanger; Feb 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
You may also take a look at properties in Anguilla and Turks and Caicos. Those are some of the quieter island beaches that have a very white sandy, quiet feel to them.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i must go in wrong season. there are mosquitoes on peter island. i like the place very much. the beach on the south side, white bay beach is usually vacant. it is a few miles from the main part of the complex. PI will carry you over in a jeep. although we have not been to peter island in close to 10 years, it was always a favorite. spend the few extra bucks, and avoid the riff raff and go their. hopefully they do not allow the tourist boat passengers over there. if you can sail, you can charter on tortola, and park on peter island, and take advantage of all the facilities. they do not have a facility pass.

also, a little less(i think) there is cooper island. they now have a nice lodge.

jost van dyke seems to have joined the 21st c and is a great quiet place. lots of sailors, not many tourists.

the scuba is not a great experience. snorkeling is enjoyable.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Congrats!

Another option that I would recommend for a quiet relaxing beach focused vacation with good food is Jamaica Inn.

Book through a Virtuoso advisor to get complimentary amenities - upgrade (if available) and continental breakfast daily for two.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Are there any recommended places to stay in Anguilla or Turks and Caicos? I've looked at the Viceroy and other places in Anguilla, but can't quite get a feel for any of them. Is there somewhere a little more secluded?

We're really looking to avoid crowds, which is hard since it's still in season.

We've also looked at Eleuthera and Harbour Island.

Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:04 pm

I would not recommend Viceroy, particularly given your requirements. It is more of a Miami property plopped onto Anguilla. At this moment, there are three barges in view working on the (controversial) breakwater project, so the relaxing view is somewhat marred.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mickidon
It is more of a Miami property plopped onto Anguilla.
That's sort of what I was picking up. What else is out there that provides the seclusion of Peter Island? Or with sailors, am I wrong to think PI is quiet?

-Jim
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:21 pm

Bitter end on virgin gorda is very nice
We always sail there but can use a ferry, bungalows nice restaurant, pools provisioning for boats
Quiet
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:23 pm

Bitter end on virgin gorda is very nice And we like more than Peter island, also like cooper island
We always sail to bitter end but can use a ferry, bungalows nice restaurant, pools provisioning for boats
Quiet
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:58 am
Suspended

Grenada.
Specifically Blue Horizons Garden Resort which is a great 3-star hotel five minutes from the beach but, more importantly, where you have complimentary use of the facilities of the nearby 5-star Spice Island resort which is on the beach but four times the price.
You can use all the beach stuff, restaurant and bars etc and simply retire to your nearby room which also has ocean views.
It's like a Cinderalla resort except the Ugly Sisters ain't ugly just pricey.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. Anguilla, Eleuthera, and Harbour Island were all contenders but in the end we went with Peter Island. I'll report back afterwards.

Now, does anyone have suggestions for an overnight in St. Thomas? The main requirements are clean, safe, and proximity to the St. Thomas - Tortola ferry.

-Jim
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

use venere.com map, or just google st thomas and do hotels. the island is pretty small, but find the ferry docks (i think it very close to airport)and the ferry schedule and stay near the airport and the dock in a 4* hote.. you want to go to tortola, unless the peter island service tells you differently. i think you must get on the peter island ferry at tortola, but not the same place the st thomas ferry lands. you may have to taxi from one place to another. you should take the opportunity while on tortola to purchase vittles.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Peter Island has ferry service to St Thomas on Tuesdays and Saturdays. We're going to take advantage of that on the return to reduce the number of transfers.

-Jim
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I had never heard the term babymoon before. Had to look it up. Lot's of good suggestions here, even for those of us not going on a babymoon.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I had never heard the term babymoon before. Had to look it up. Lot's of good suggestions here, even for those of us not going on a babymoon.
The wife made me promise her a babymoon during our honeymoon. I had to look up the term as well. So this thread is book-marked for whenever that time eventually arrives. ^

Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.