Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Hilton / Marriott / SPG properties in Caribbean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on Hilton / Marriott / SPG properties in Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by menton1
Trip Advisor: NOT reliable. FT: MUCH better!
Different demographic, for sure. But there are nearly 2,000 TA reviews of this property so I don't know how you can say that is not reliable.

FT Rose Hall thread.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Been twice now, and will consider again. It is a FAMILY resort, and folks trying to have a romantic, non kiddo getaway should look elsewhere. That said, folks with kids should be pleased. It is Not a five star resort, probably 3.5, but again - do you want /need 5 star with kiddies - I don't!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
The Grand Cayman Ritz is great. In addition, Marriott has a very nice hotel on Scrub Island in the BVIs.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Grand Cayman Ritz is going up in points in May. 50k now, which is probably a good deal!
Old May 10, 2013, 5:16 am

I have the same question, however I'm not looking for something kid-friendly. Something that's good for a couple to relax, but also party some.

Would love to use up some of these pts I have:

SPG-15K
Hilton-300K
Marriott-85K
PC-25K

Thanks.
Old May 10, 2013, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by utl567
I have the same question, however I'm not looking for something kid-friendly. Something that's good for a couple to relax, but also party some.

Would love to use up some of these pts I have:

SPG-15K
Hilton-300K
Marriott-85K
PC-25K

Thanks.

Non kid friendly / some party says Cancun to me - do as much or as little as you want there.

There's also a Hilton all inclusive in Cabo that has been receiving decent reviews, never been but hilton, being where you have most of your points - may not be a bad choice: I think the all inclusives are still going for 45k / night.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by d20513
Non kid friendly / some party says Cancun to me - do as much or as little as you want there.

There's also a Hilton all inclusive in Cabo that has been receiving decent reviews, never been but hilton, being where you have most of your points - may not be a bad choice: I think the all inclusives are still going for 45k / night.
The Hilton in Cabo is a good place, but my gripe with most of the places in the middle of the Cabo Corridor (and the Hilton is smack in the middle) is that their beaches are usually not swimmable due to major undertow, and they are far away from the towns with any alternatives for food and entertainment. Anyone going to Cabo, I would recommend being closer to either Cabo San Lucas (party and boating central) or San Jose del Cabo (a more authentic town)
Old May 11, 2013, 3:53 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I prefer to try someplace new such as an island or maybe down into Central America.

Although Im guessing Mexico is where the points would go the furthest...
Old May 13, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Originally Posted by utl567
Thanks for the suggestions, I prefer to try someplace new such as an island or maybe down into Central America.

Although Im guessing Mexico is where the points would go the furthest...
What about the Hilton in Curacao or Barbados or maybe even San Juan. Have been to Curacao (stayed at Marriott) and I think it would be fun for you.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyboy60
The Hilton in Cabo is a good place, but my gripe with most of the places in the middle of the Cabo Corridor (and the Hilton is smack in the middle) is that their beaches are usually not swimmable due to major undertow, and they are far away from the towns with any alternatives for food and entertainment. Anyone going to Cabo, I would recommend being closer to either Cabo San Lucas (party and boating central) or San Jose del Cabo (a more authentic town)

Looking at hilton Cabo for a late fall escape. Is this a kid friendly resort? Any slides / lazy river like rosé hall (Jamaica)?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by d20513
Looking at hilton Cabo for a late fall escape. Is this a kid friendly resort? Any slides / lazy river like rosé hall (Jamaica)?
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ight=cabo+kids
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...on-winter.html
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:22 pm

Have you thought about Puerto Rico? Lots to do there for kids. You don't have to stay in the resort/hotel, but can rent a car and go exploring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.