Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone been to Curacao?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by birdyy
What is the drinking water situation like? Staying at the Marriott.

Thanks.
http://www.curacao.com/Plan-Your-Tri...uld-Know/Water
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Thanks much. I appreciate that info. Just one more quick question, if I may. Generally, does every place take credit cards? What's the thinking on how much cash one would want? Thanks.

Originally Posted by cmhua777
I didn't have any problems drinking the tap water or eating the food, anywhere on the island. I am sure the hotel will provide bottled water for your comfort, however.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks much. I appreciate that info. Just one more quick question, if I may. Generally, does every place take credit cards? What's the thinking on how much cash one would want? Thanks.
From the same website you were linked to earlier:
http://www.curacao.com/Plan-Your-Tri...racao-Currency
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Sorry, I didn't see that post. I didn't refresh before posting. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Thanks for asking and answering. We are getting prepared to go there this weekend and was browsing here to see if I could find any useful information. We are staying at Sunscape and can't wait.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ksucats
Thanks for asking and answering. We are getting prepared to go there this weekend and was browsing here to see if I could find any useful information. We are staying at Sunscape and can't wait.
Sorry to reply to myself, but we just got back and loved it. The Sunscape was perfect for our family and we were able to spend several days lounging around without leaving. Snorkeling at the resort was awesome. We also do an island tour as an excursion and really enjoyed that. For anybody considering going, I definitely recommend Curacao.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Member

What's the best way to rent a car for a day, at the hotel (Marriott)? What's the approximate cost on renting from the hotel?

Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:22 am

What's the best way to rent a car for a day, at the hotel (Marriott)? What's the approximate cost on renting from the hotel?

Thanks.
I can't answer for the Marriott specifically, but it might say on their website. I know at the Sunscape, they had Hertz right on property. I think it was about $60 a day. I was planning on doing that, but after our taxi ride from the airport, I decided I wasn't quite ready to drive there yet. It wasn't too bad, but the road signs were limited and I felt I would rather take a tour where I could look outside than have to pay attention to the roads.

We ended up booking an east/west island tour that took us to the Spanish Bay/gate community on the east side, then the Curacao liquor factory, then through downtown, by the wedding cake house, to an old plantation mansion converted to a restaurant for lunch, to a national park on the northwest side (absolutely amazing - I think it was boca tabla or something like that), then to a beach that was even more clear than the water at our hotel. Getting a guided tour was worth it to us as we went to places we wouldn't have known about and learned a lot from our guide. It was $50 per person.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:11 am
Original Member

Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by handerson03
I'm looking for a nice 5-day Caribbean getaway this August and I've always been intrigued by Curacao. I want a relaxing vacation with a few adventures and enough to do to keep me from being totally bored. What do you know? Any advice?
Hi there. I live here in Curacao, originally from the US, so kind of know what you might be looking for. We love it, and I think you can have some adventures here. Diving, snorkeling boating. All possible and enjoyable. You just need to budget what type of vacation (cost wise) you can have, and the rest is lots of fun! will help if I can. Thanks, Gregory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.