FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been to Curacao?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:22 am
ksucats

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by birdyy
What's the best way to rent a car for a day, at the hotel (Marriott)? What's the approximate cost on renting from the hotel?

Thanks.
I can't answer for the Marriott specifically, but it might say on their website. I know at the Sunscape, they had Hertz right on property. I think it was about $60 a day. I was planning on doing that, but after our taxi ride from the airport, I decided I wasn't quite ready to drive there yet. It wasn't too bad, but the road signs were limited and I felt I would rather take a tour where I could look outside than have to pay attention to the roads.

We ended up booking an east/west island tour that took us to the Spanish Bay/gate community on the east side, then the Curacao liquor factory, then through downtown, by the wedding cake house, to an old plantation mansion converted to a restaurant for lunch, to a national park on the northwest side (absolutely amazing - I think it was boca tabla or something like that), then to a beach that was even more clear than the water at our hotel. Getting a guided tour was worth it to us as we went to places we wouldn't have known about and learned a lot from our guide. It was $50 per person.