Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

St Lucia recommendations for Sept 11 Honeymoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Lucia recommendations for Sept 11 Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by speccy

Randomly the alternative is Boston... might not be as relaxing but comes highly recommended with the added advantage of now hurricane season to contend with!
Glad you spotted the fact that it'll be Hurricane season, and 11th September is around 'peak week' so you can expect some weather in the region. But then you'll be on your Honeymoon so the weather not too critical surely, and if you get a good storm you'll have an adventure thrown in for free.

I've only been to Boston in the snowy winter. It's a nice place, good city to walk around, historical but I wouldn't call it especially romantic. I guess a house for the week at Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard would be nice.

Whatever you do enjoy it.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, BA AMEX
I stayed in a Hibiscus Suite at Windjammer Landing last year.

It was excellent - I even wrote a review.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Bang was the restaurant owned by Lord Glenconner - now closed though. It was just by the Jalousie. Anse Chastenet is OK but nowhere as nice as the Jalousie which we love - wonderful location for a honeymoon. If the villas are too expensive have a look at the Sugar Mill rooms. Some very good accurate reviews on Tripadvisor.
Back in 1992 - Bang between the Pitons was a small very luxurious hotel, then owned by (I think) Peter de Savary (sp?) - we were considering it for our wedding - but unfortunately the price (exclusivity doesn't come cheap ) was the deciding factor - hence why the Anse Chastanet came top...

We did stay there for a night while we were on another hol to St Lucia just to see it - and it WAS lovely and worth every penny - shame its gone.....or even the restaurant - magical spot
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:12 am

Try Ginger Lily, Mango Beach or Crystals. Perfect
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by goap
I stayed in a Hibiscus Suite at Windjammer Landing last year.

It was excellent - I even wrote a review.
It does look nice but the Jalousie is fabulous especially in it's stunning location right between the Pitons. You are however not going to win many friends around here with this statement about the food - ''very familiar to a British traveler, probably a bit too bland for an American traveler''.

Carolyn - I stand corrected - when Lord Glenconner bought the Jalousie from the Hilton he must have also bought the Bang and turned it into a restaurant - it was still open on our first visit in 2006 but closed last year - I think one of the new villas in the Glenconner Beach development is going to be built on the site.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish
We are off to Calabash Cove in April which was at the end of weeks of research.

We booked the hotel through www.tropicalbreeze.co.uk.

We are honeymooning in Calabash in mid-April too!! I put in a couple months worth of research and I believe this place is going to be awesome.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over to the Caribbean forum for more input.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by PlaneSense
We are honeymooning in Calabash in mid-April too!! I put in a couple months worth of research and I believe this place is going to be awesome.
Very strange that since you joined FT last month all 4 of your posts have been recommending Calabash Cove - even one that was started in the BA forum.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC
To be fair, he/she has replied in threads specifically asking for recommendations, and the posts don't seem to be any more a spam than my post, which was just a pointer to where I settled on.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:55 am

Intersting though that he/she found the post on the BA forum - are they reading reading every forum and then only responding if with a recommendation for Calabash Cove - weird I think!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:12 am

Yeah you may be right.

Maybe I can ask if they're actually there at the same time as I am.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:19 am

Noo you guys! I'm not spamming for the resort, at all. I have a honeymoon planned there and we're really excited, especially since it's coming up soon. I did just join FT a month ago (as I'm a big travel guy, on A.net too) but I did a search for Calabash Cove and honeymoon spots to see if there are any threads with a trip report from someone who went to the resort. Since I saw people asking about honeymoon places, I thought I'd mention the resort we're going to because I spent MONTHS researching honeymoon places. Calabash Cove is a new resort that I didn't find right away, and I think it's a hidden gem. I just kept mentioning it in various threads so I could "pay it forward" and help someone else out by suggesting a resort that I find to be a great spot.

I'm not spamming at all, just very excited about our honeymoon spot and giving recommendations.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:16 pm

I'm starting to look forward to it now too. I just hope it is as nice as it seems.

When you going? We fly out on the 12th Apr.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish
I'm starting to look forward to it now too. I just hope it is as nice as it seems.

When you going? We fly out on the 12th Apr.
We're flying out a week before, on the 3rd. I'm hoping it's as nice as it looks too - but so far, all the tripadvisor comments & pictures have been nothing but positive.

Are you staying for a week? Cottage or suite?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:39 pm

8 days. 8 very quick days i would imagine We should be in one of the swim up suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.