Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

St Lucia recommendations for Sept 11 Honeymoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC blue, CX Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Le Club Accor Plat

Yep - I know I've mentioned the now dreaded h-word!

As you are all much more widely travelled than both my fiancee and I we thought we'd pick your brains for some recommendations for accommodation in St Lucia?

That and a query as to transfers, I see VS include them in their holidays and BA obviously don't but any suggestions where best to pre-book these?

Randomly the alternative is Boston... might not be as relaxing but comes highly recommended with the added advantage of now hurricane season to contend with!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Hi. Have you tried searching for St. Lucia first? ^
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by speccy

As you are all much more widely travelled than both my fiancee and I we thought we'd pick your brains for some recommendations for accommodation in St Lucia?

That and a query as to transfers, I see VS include them in their holidays and BA obviously don't but any suggestions where best to pre-book these?

Randomly the alternative is Boston... might not be as relaxing but comes highly recommended with the added advantage of now hurricane season to contend with!
Try www.bestattravel.co.uk- we use them for all of our main holidays. We got 10 days, all inclusive in St.Lucia for last August for £2,000pp, CW flights and transfers included. They are excellent and offer big flight discounts!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Try www.bestattravel.co.uk- we use them for all of our main holidays. We got 10 days, all inclusive in St.Lucia for last August for £2,000pp, CW flights and transfers included. They are excellent and offer big flight discounts!
You are too young to be posting on a thread about Honeymoons ... get back to your homework!!

Interesting link, which I have now fixed for you ... www.bestattravel.co.uk ... ooops

Do they do Saga Holidays as well?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC blue, CX Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Le Club Accor Plat
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Hi. Have you tried searching for St. Lucia first? ^
Henkybaby I did indeed search for St Lucia, and read the many TR's just felt there wasn't a huge emphasis on the accommodation side and more the CW side, which we are fully intending on enjoying!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
We are off to Calabash Cove in April which was at the end of weeks of research.

We booked the hotel through www.tropicalbreeze.co.uk.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Henkybaby I did indeed search for St Lucia, and read the many TR's just felt there wasn't a huge emphasis on the accommodation side and more the CW side, which we are fully intending on enjoying!
I am sure I saw some. Here is one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-hotel-tr.html

I wasn't criticizing you. St. Lucia just happened to come up a lot with the F offer.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
DH and I can highly recommend Bang Between the Pitons - or if that one is no longer with us - the Anse Chastenet.... both very romantic

(we were going to do the deed itself on the beach at Anse Chastenet - but that's another story....)
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
You are too young to be posting on a thread about Honeymoons ... get back to your homework!!
True...

We are contemplating the idea of 4 nights in Barcelona for a city break in June which is at £400 with ET flights right from JER but we just need to hope that the parents can get the time off!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikey2124
... but we just need to hope that the parents can get the time off!
Work?
ET?

Dirty words, go and wash your mouth with soap!!

I will admit to having looking looked at Barcelona, but not in ET
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I am sure I saw some. Here is one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-hotel-tr.html

I wasn't criticizing you. St. Lucia just happened to come up a lot with the F offer.
Thanks for posting the link to my TR henkybaby.

Jalousie is just awesome.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As for the rest of you ... is there anything for "Senior Citizens" who can't be arrsed to sit on a beach all day getting sunburned?

We have both served in 'tropical climes', and I was educated [for a couple of years] in Jamaica. Sitting in the sun is NOT a novelty!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by CarolynUK
DH and I can highly recommend Bang Between the Pitons - or if that one is no longer with us - the Anse Chastenet.... both very romantic

(we were going to do the deed itself on the beach at Anse Chastenet - but that's another story....)
Bang was the restaurant owned by Lord Glenconner - now closed though. It was just by the Jalousie. Anse Chastenet is OK but nowhere as nice as the Jalousie which we love - wonderful location for a honeymoon. If the villas are too expensive have a look at the Sugar Mill rooms. Some very good accurate reviews on Tripadvisor.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Work?
ET?

Dirty words, go and wash your mouth with soap!!

I will admit to having looking looked at Barcelona, but not in ET
CE is an extra £150pp... can't really say no to that one! Obviously some education does come into it, as I am very keen on doing Spanish at uni Also my parents have never been there before and I have, so I will be the "tour guide" :L

When they go to the Sagrada Familia, you can guarantee me to be sitting by the hotel pool that day, been there seen it done it! We are looking at staying in the EuroPark hotel- only 3* but it has rave reviews on Trip Advisor and we have some family friends who stayed there and said it was fantastic!

And T8191, what is wrong with sitting on the beach? Any chance to sit on a beach I take straight away, hence the 2 week holiday in the Caribbean in July!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA
We got married there in 2004 (thanks BA Holidays!) although we only flew WT and . We stayed at Anse Chastanet, which was great - not least because we got upgraded to one of the top suites . You can spend itme chilling on the beach, and there are a few excursions you can do that the hotel organise if you want (hiking in the jungle, boat trips, visit to Soufriere and the hot springs etc).

If we did it again we'd seriously think about a helicopter transfer - the roads are NOT fun and from the airport in the South to Anse Chastanet was about an hour of fast driving, twisty roads and steep drops!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.