Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining Rewards from multiple C1 cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Combining Rewards from multiple C1 cards

I've searched for this and can't find the answer. If I get a venture card and my wife does as well, can we pool our points?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:49 pm

"Is my account eligible to transfer rewards?
Your account may be eligible to transfer rewards. Please be aware that transfers are only permitted between certain Capital One No Hassle Rewards accounts. Not all rewards products are eligible for transfer."

From their T&Cs for the Venture card. Doesn't answer your question, but looks like you'll probably just have to call and ask.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:01 pm

I have transferred points earned from bank account to the Venture points. Did it over the phone. Very easy.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
The option is available online as well. I've done it many times. The transfer completes instantly (executed from the account that the points will be moving from).
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Combining Miles from multiple C1 cards

Can one combine points from the Venture and Venture X card, much like you can combine CSR points earned across different cards?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
Can one combine points from the Venture and Venture X card, much like you can combine CSR points earned across different cards?
Yes you can. Back in the day, one could move points across C1 cards of different people like with Citi TYP, but I think that feature was stopped.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:38 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Combining

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
I was able to move the "Cash Back" amount i have from my quicksilver over to Venture POINTS. It even showed me a nice math equation showing the cash back converting to points @$.01

Last edited by mia; Aug 2, 2022 at 10:58 am
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Just did a test transfer of 19 miles from V1 to VX.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:35 am

Combining points

Last year I applied for a Venture card and received a 100K bonus. Then they launched the Venture X which I applied for and received a 100K bonus. Now the annual fee for the Venture card will come due next month and I see no reason to keep it, I much prefer the X version of the card. I believe I can transfer all the points on my Venture card over to my Venture X, then I should be okay to cancel the Venture. Am I correct? Any gotchas or things I need to watch out for (like e.g. Citi which expires transferred points after a while if not used).

Thanks
DAK
Old May 20, 2022, 10:25 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Capital One Household Combining - both points and cash

In summary Chase allows points transfer in a household for free and unlimited times online
Amex has no points transfers allowed for membership rewards to combine - one can use users accounts for transfer to partners
Cap One seems to fall in between in my experience - phone calls needed but transfers allowed
Citi allows transfers abut the points gifted fall off in 30- 60 days - worst case

When the VentureX card came on the market, I bit - and so did a lot of my friends family with my urging. Then shortly after meeting the min spend on them the Cash Select 3k bonus arrived - for spending 50k
Now we had a bunch of Venture X cards and Cash Plus cards - each with its own Min spend .

Some data points
Whoever had the VentureX had no issues with Cash plus - getting approved - I think it was because the min spend was done over the holidays for most and the Cash Plus offer was used after the other card was paid off
Whoever had the Cash Plus first did not get Venture X approved - I suspect it was because the spend had not gone through in time before the venture X bonus fell from 100k to 75k

I was curious how the Capital One Venture X transfers would work - We have family and friends 1-8
1, 3, 6, 7, 8, - got Venture X first (Blue cards) - it was no issue to call and transfer points to my account
Cap One locked an account for a week after the transfer (and unlocked it a week later after providing proof of ID)
I got 600k points in Cap One miles and used that to book 4 SQ C class LHR to SYD in October = saver awards 116k miles each and a TK trip to US for 105k miles round trip from Asia

1,2,4,5,6,7,8 got Cash Plus cards (Green cards) as well
I could transfer from Green card to Blue card in my account but not vice versa - one it came to venture the option was to transfer to another venture - or to redeem at website
I could not send Venture X points to my cash Plus accounts to cash out for 1c - even though they both have 1c value

Venture X - Transfers between accounts - can Users transfer points online?
1 was a user on 2's Venture X account - there was no way to get online access as a user to transfer points
Then I upgraded 1 to manager - now we had access to the points - but when I tried to transfer - not possible
1 could redeem points to many airilnes and hotels - but NOT to his own account
It needed a call to get them over from 2 to 1

Cash Plus transfers
Cash Plus can be transferred to venture X and shared, but can Cash Plus cards share points?
Being a manager has no effect on ability to transfer 2's cash plus points to 1 - a call was needed

7 & 8 are married
8 was able to transfer her cash plus points to 7's VentureX account (where she also had a card as a manager but took a while

Singles
6 was able to transfer Cash Plus points with a phone call to 1's green card (green to green)
5 was unable to get a rep to transfer points from Cash Plus (green to green failed) !

Anyway in summary
Online from Green (cah accounts ) to blue points accounts went off well

Blue to Blue - no issues with phone call
Managers can redeem also for partner miles
Users have no access online for points

Green to blue is a one way street
Green to Green possible with calls to 1800-capital
Green to Green may be hung up at times - perhaps this is a whole new ball game
managers seem to be able to redeem from green to blue at times

Nov 22 -
Green to a different person Blue also possible with a phone call

nsx, DH, shadowx360 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ffI; Nov 5, 2022 at 8:53 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:18 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
More data points - Blue card

Venture X
Can have 4 additional users - Cap 1 does not ask for SSN as a requirement
Only 1 of them can be a Manager
Only managers have online access to their cards
Other users can not have their own login to Cap One accounts it appears

The Manager can call Cap One to redeem points
e.g., I called for my spouse to redeem
I tried transfer of Cap One points to My Cap1 account - was unable to move to my Cap One account to combine miles
BUT I was told I could move my (manager) points to my airline account
I talked to 3 reps who agreed it was crazy but Cap one did not make that possible
However a day later the points were in my own account somehow!
YMMV

Transfers to Airlines FF accounts
I have not tried calling from the owner account to redeem to a users FF account so far - anyone who can please let me know -
Unlike Amex, you can not save FF numbers of additional users to move points to from the main account - you enter the info each time

EK transfer of 500k got held up and canceled for fraud - 2 months after opening account - lucky for me as I had second thoughts anyway as these miles expire in 3 yrs
~100k Transfers to Turkish was instant a week later
Once I had been doing transfers I did a 500k transfer to SQ and it took 2 seconds - so it is not limited by size of transfer once the account has been there for a while
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:21 pm
ffI

Cost of Capital One Miles compared to the other options

In most cases it is best for Un-Bonused spend - the costs are against the best cash back option = BofA Visa with Platinum Honors = 2.625c
So lost cash = cost of a capital One mile is about 1.3-1.4c at most

Chase Usually gives 1point, but you can use an unlimited card 1.5x and transfer the points to card with perks and then transfer to partners - so I use 1.5 as base earn

Amex Usually gives 1point, but you can use a business card for 2x in small quantities and transfer the points to partners - but not unlimited - so 1.5x average max
Amex Often has transfer bonuses - eg 40% to BA, 25% to AF, 20% to AC; 25% to B9 etc etc

Citi Many cards 1x - but you can get a double cash - get 2 points then transfer to card with Premier rewards then transfer to partners - so I use 2x as base
Cap One Cards give 1-1.25-1.5-2x depends on annual fees

Avios BA, Iberia, Aer Lingus and Qatar now use Avios - can send back and forth - QR and BA integrated better;
Singapore much Better award availability with SQ miles

Overhead Cost = cost of all credit cards for airlines and banks = add annual fees less rebates / divide by 2M miles a yr

Most partners are best served by Citi and Cap One cards
Most Hotels you can buy points on sale better than using their card
AA AS UA Best to buy on sale - do not use the cards other than to get status OR benefits like free bags
DL - spend only for status never for the miles!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Capital One Value 2 (1).pdf (368.8 KB, 14 views)
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, Lifetime UA Silver
Possible to transfer Spark Cash to Venture Miles?

I have a business Spark Cash Plus card with lots of cash rewards stocked up.

I would like to transfer these into airline miles and get more value out of them.

Would opening a personal Venture X card allow me to make this transfer?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have no direct knowledge, but this post suggests yes: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33736961-post150.html

Last edited by mia; Aug 2, 2022 at 11:06 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I have no direct knowledge, but this post suggests yes: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33736961-post150.html
Not sure about business cards (and if Cap1 would make you jump through hoops like Chase), but as the post suggested, you can move points from a cash back card to a miles card. Although this is a one way transfer as you can’t move points from a miles card to a cash back card (at least not on the website).
mia and eponymous_coward like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.