Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C1 Venture X Hertz Presidents Circle status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:57 pm

C1 Venture X Hertz Presidents Circle status

how long does it take for hertz president's club to update when you already have a hertz acc and am trying to get the status updated?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
how long does it take for hertz president's club to update when you already have a hertz acc and am trying to get the status updated?
Took about a week for me.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Capital One
Stacking Points with Hertz Via Portal

Just saw this post on TPG about how you can now ling your Hertz Gold Number in reservations made by the portal.
Was wondering, has anyone checked this out? I'm interested in renting a car at HNL and want to get upgraded, but didn't want to miss out on points. It looks like on TPG, they only represent you as Gold Plus, not as presidents circle when booking.

Any replies would be appreciated!
Old Mar 14, 2023, 9:06 pm

Hertz status if booked through Cap1 Portal?

Do I get president circle status if I book Hertz through Cap1 Portal?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:04 am

I'm having issues registering for PC status. I had received 5 star from my venture card so it gives an error when I try to get PC from VX card. Has others run into this and how was it solved?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mileshound
I'm having issues registering for PC status. I had received 5 star from my venture card so it gives an error when I try to get PC from VX card. Has others run into this and how was it solved?
A new authorized user on my account is having the same issue.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:44 pm

What a royal pain in the ... this is. I am not sure I want the status now. After the C1 link to Hertz errored out every time on the hertz website I talked to C1. They were great. They understood the issue and got hertz on the line with them. The hertz person said I needed to talk to the loyalty dept but they were closed. He have me the number.

I called the loyalty dept the next day. The phone system does not want you to talk to a person. No option to talk to someone. If you hit # twice or 0 it disconnects you. The grammar on the choices was also terrible. Definitely off shore with out a proofreader. I finally selected buy points and talked to someone. He said I had to fill out a C1 form and email it in. I said I did it on the Hertz website and it errored out. He had no clue. He suggested I email the status match dept.

Thanks for nothing Hertz.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 12:24 pm

What a royal pain in the ... this is. I am not sure I want the status now. After the C1 link to Hertz errored out every time on the hertz website I talked to C1. They were great. They understood the issue and got hertz on the line with them. The hertz person said I needed to talk to the loyalty dept but they were closed. He have me the number.

I called the loyalty dept the next day. The phone system does not want you to talk to a person. No option to talk to someone. If you hit # twice or 0 it disconnects you. The grammar on the choices was also terrible. Definitely off shore with out a proofreader. I finally selected buy points and talked to someone. He said I had to fill out a C1 form and email it in. I said I did it on the Hertz website and it errored out. He had no clue. He suggested I email the status match dept.

Thanks for nothing Hertz.
That's Hertz for you. Their IT was already bad before their bankruptcy. Now it's worse and there's zero commitment to customer service.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 7:32 am

Finally solved this after a few emails to hertz. The phone support person was actually right. You have to email a C1 VX card statement to [email protected]. I did a screen print of the 1st page of a statement. They upgraded my status within 24 hrs.
mia likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Finally solved this after a few emails to hertz. The phone support person was actually right. You have to email a C1 VX card statement to [email protected]. I did a screen print of the 1st page of a statement. They upgraded my status within 24 hrs.
Thanks. It looks like the online link is not really utilized. Linked two weeks ago and still no status update and when trying to use same Hertz number, it recognize number was used before (2 weeks ago).
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by minwoo1983
Can I use my Venture card to book a rental with an AMEX platinum CDP code and still get the President Circle's benefits as well as primary insurance coverage? I'm noticing that the rentals are significantly cheaper when using the AMEX Platinum CDP code rather than the Venture X CDP code..
What is the Venture X CDP code? Is it just the Visa Infinite code or something else?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
What is the Venture X CDP code? Is it just the Visa Infinite code or something else?
It's a different code (CAPITAL ONE VENTURE X CARDMBR). I haven't used it at all since the rates are not good. AAA consistently beats it. AMEX Platinum (sometimes) offer >4 hour grace. So there's really no reason to ever book with the Venture code.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nerfed again.

Hertz Presidents status goes away in 12/24.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I wonder if this means the Amex Plat will also lose its Presidents Circle status. Is this driven by Hertz or by Capital One?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I wonder if this means the Amex Plat will also lose its Presidents Circle status. Is this driven by Hertz or by Capital One?
My guess is Capital One has to pay for this benefit and instead of raising annual fee is dropping the benefit. Certain organizations offer Hertz Pres status to their top tier members, including Marriott, Accor, & Delta. And World Elite Mastercards's abroad do too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.