Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access directory: https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...lounge-network

There are separate threads discussing the Capital One branded lounges in the Flyertalk Airline Lounges forum:

IAD (Baltimore Washington)

DFW (Dallas Fort Worth)

DEN (Denver)

Effective January 1, 2025, Venture and Spark Miles cardholders will no longer receive complimentary lounge access. You will have 2 complimentary visits to Capital One Lounges or Plaza Premium Lounges to use by December 31, 2024. Venture and Spark Miles cardholders can access Capital One Lounges at a special rate of $45 for themselves and their guests.

All other cardholders & non-customers can enter at the standard rate of $65.

​​​​​​​Source: https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...al-one-lounges

Print Wikipost

C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by mia
USA Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses are still listed on the Plaza Premium website, but with this notation: * This lounge is owned and managed by a third party.

It is not clear if these lounges can be entered without payment using a Venture X (or American Express Platinum) card. At least for now it may depend on the attendant's understanding of the contracts.
Anyone know who we can reach out to at C1? There's no feedback form, and I doubt calling a customer service agent will result in the feedback being routed to the right place.

Or does anyone have a direct contact to Gary Leff over at viewfromthewing.com? He's seems pretty involved with C1 and seems to know a spokesperson over there, according to this article:

https://viewfromthewing.com/capital-...ges-after-all/
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Or does anyone have a direct contact to Gary Leff over at viewfromthewing.com?
Gary is on Flyertalk. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/gleff.html
Metanoia likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by mia
USA Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses are still listed on the Plaza Premium website, but with this notation: * This lounge is owned and managed by a third party.

It is not clear if these lounges can be entered without payment using a Venture X (or American Express Platinum) card. At least for now it may depend on the attendant's understanding of the contracts.
Despite third party ownership/management the Clubhouses remain part of the Plaza Premium lounge network. They appear (and are bookable on a pay-in basis) on the Plaza Premium website. The website has been updated during recent closures/renovations/reopenings as well, although currently neither the Plaza Premium nor CapitalOne directories reflect that the SFO lounge is open.

I was able to enter the JFK Clubhouse using CapitalOne's mobile lounge pass this week. The SFO lounge has been responsive to emails in the past ([email protected]). Unless entry is specifically denied based on capacity constraints, reaching out directly might be useful, as might reporting difficulties to CapitalOne customer service.

Amex now excludes certain Plaza Premium lounges from its program (including, it appears some/all of the VS Clubhouses), and they no longer appear on the Amex Global Lounge directory. Seems like they are trying to avoid billing for visits where there is a competing Centurion lounge in the airport, as I do think the Clubhouse visits are pricier than standard Plaza Premium offerings.
nsx and Metanoia like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Apr 5, 2023 at 3:32 pm Reason: ampl
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
The SFO lounge has been responsive to emails in the past ([email protected]).
I reached out to them the other day and they said it was 1) closed and 2) talk to your card issuer :-/
Old May 4, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA
SFO

Another data point, my C1 was denied at the VX Clubhouse @ SFO just now lounge dragon said they don't accept C1 anymore.
nsx and Metanoia like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I reached out to them the other day and they said it was 1) closed and 2) talk to your card issuer :-/
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Another data point, my C1 was denied at the VX Clubhouse @ SFO just now lounge dragon said they don't accept C1 anymore.
According to the VS forum, May 4th was the fist day of the full offering (I don't know if both service and space has been limited to date, or just the menu). Given that Plaza Premium still shows the lounge as "temporarily closed" and CapOne still shows "coming soon", it's possible access was limited to VS and contracted airline/alliance guests during the soft-open but will (hopefully) be available in the near future.

Capital One Partner Lounges SFO
Metanoia likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone know if VS Clubhouse at SFO is currently open, and/or will admit VentureX cardholders at this point?

C1 lounge finder seems to indicate the SFO VS Clubhouse is 'coming soon', Plaza Premium seems to indicate the lounge is temporarily closed, and Virgin's site doesn't really indicate anything open being open/closed. I might venture in terminal A before a UA flight this week, but don't want to schlep through extra security if there's a good chance of it being closed or not being able to get in with my card.

Last edited by emcampbe; Jun 26, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Old Jun 27, 2023, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone know if VS Clubhouse at SFO is currently open, and/or will admit VentureX cardholders at this point?
I will try to stop by this week. I am hoping that with the AF lounge re-opened (and presumably VS not receiving as many AF guests?), access to the Clubhouse will be forthcoming soon.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I will try to stop by this week. I am hoping that with the AF lounge re-opened (and presumably VS not receiving as many AF guests?), access to the Clubhouse will be forthcoming soon.
Well, this week turned into today, but what a colossal waste of time…(was departing on AA)

The VS lounge is not welcoming C1 customers, but the very pleasant hostess did offer up a “yet” in her rejection. As far as “when”, she had no idea.

The real insult was my Plan B, the new AF lounge. Well, what do you know…AF is now sending Priority Pass guests (along with the poor pitiful QR business class passengers) to their “other” lounge, the Golden Gate, upstairs (was staffed by AF employees). According to staff the renovated business lounge is NEVER available to Priority Pass guests. The Golden Gate is truly pathetic—far worse than the pre-renovation AF lounge offering by a long mile. In fact, I cannot think of a more uninviting Priority Pass lounge. I decamped to the Admirals Club immediately after a brief self-guided tour. Possibly better than no lounge if you just want free “food” and self-pour liquor, but not worth any effort to visit.
nsx likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I am very confused.

So despite the dedicated page Capital One Eligible Lounges on Plaza Premium's website, eligible C1 card holders actually do not have access to the Clubhouses?

I know there's been a few changes back and forth regarding Virgin Atlantic lounges. I forget where things last net out and I had just assumed the eventual update will be reflected on their site.

Is there any Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse C1 card holders have access to?
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
Is there any Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse C1 card holders have access to?
The ones not listed as “temporarily closed” on the page you linked should be fine, subject to capacity constraints when demand from contracted carrier guests may preclude Plaza Premium guests from entering.
happychic likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Few things are as permanent as a temporarily withdrawn credit card benefit.
ffI, SpaethCo, happychic and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:40 pm

If I'm flying VS economy class from JFK terminal 4 (JFK > LHR), what are my chances of getting in to the Virgin Atlantic lounge w/ my C1VX card and/or priority pass?
Old Jun 28, 2023, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by candle21428
I....Virgin Atlantic lounge w/ my C1VX card and/or priority pass?
The Virgin Atlantic JFK club accepts Priority Pass, but only during these hours: 08:00 - 13:30 daily
Note: Cardholders will not be admitted into the lounge outside these hours.

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...ntic-clubhouse
Old Jun 28, 2023, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by candle21428
If I'm flying VS economy class from JFK terminal 4 (JFK > LHR), what are my chances of getting in to the Virgin Atlantic lounge w/ my C1VX card and/or priority pass?
After Priority Pass hours end, earlier is better with C1. Arriving 3-4pm midweek has been good to me. Air India is next door and is OK if you need to wait it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.