Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Have you transferred Capital One Miles to any airline or hotel program?
One World airlines (Asia Miles, British Airways, Finnair, Qantas)
9.09%
Skyteam airlines (Aeromexico, Flying Blue)
9.09%
Star Alliance airlines (Air Canada, Avianca, Eva Air, Singapore, TAP Portugal, Turkish)
18.18%
Independent airlines (Virgin, Emirates, Etihad)
13.64%
Hotel chains (Accor, Choice, Wyndham)
0%
I have an eligible Capital One card, but have not yet transferred.
59.09%
I have a Capital One card, but it is not eligible for the transfer feature.
0%
I do not have any Capital One card.
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults.

From some of the posts above, it looks like C1 is valuing their points/miles at 1c each for use in their travel portal. If I am correct, why would anyone do redemptions through their portal after claiming the $300 travel credit rather than just claiming statement credit?

Or is that everyone's plan?

P.S.: Trying to decide whether to not renew Amex Platinum
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by unmesh
From some of the posts above, it looks like C1 is valuing their points/miles at 1c each for use in their travel portal. If I am correct, why would anyone do redemptions through their portal after claiming the $300 travel credit rather than just claiming statement credit?

Or is that everyone's plan?

P.S.: Trying to decide whether to not renew Amex Platinum
Keep this in mind:
There are currently 15 travel partners (photo coming once I create 5 posts) 13 of which are at 1:1.
They can be more valuable when transferred. SkyTeam, Star Alliance and Oneword transfer airlines are there. Yes, no domestic airlines (JetBlue comes and goes), but you can book domestic operated flights through international airlines directly. There's an Air France KLM Flying Blue promotion currently going on until December. 1000 miles equals 1200 Flying Blue miles when transferred. Also, I don't know if you have authorized users on your AMEX, but the Venture X does not charge for AUs and not only do they get their own PP card, but they also can get their own Hertz PC status as well at no extra charge.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has C1 ever offered an upgrade to a higher level card with some bonus miles? I have been offered an upgrade from VentureOne to regular Venture multiple times, but it has never included a bonus. Amex has done this with the Everyday card.
Never.

Last edited by mia; Nov 18, 2021 at 5:16 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines

Do AU's have the ability to transfer miles to their own airline accounts?

Instant approval 11/19 and still haven't received the card by the way.. kind of ridiculous for premium card.

Last edited by EmailKid; Dec 2, 2021 at 11:47 pm Reason: Back to back posts
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Do AU's have the ability to transfer miles to their own airline accounts?

Instant approval 11/19 and still haven't received the card by the way.. kind of ridiculous for premium card.
No.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

Is there a way to transfer points directly to AU FF accounts?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:16 pm

Choice Hotels now appears as a transfer partner for Capital One. The transfer value is bad, though - 1:1, when you can do cash + points on basically any Choice redemption for 0.9 cents per point. That means that you're losing 10% of the value (if you can pay cash for Choice points directly) versus just using the travel eraser for general travel spend. I would love to see this be a 1:2 (1 Cap1 point = 2 Choice points) or even a 1:1.5 transfer partner; there'd be some real value then.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jebr
Choice Hotels now appears as a transfer partner for Capital One. The transfer value is bad, though - 1:1, when you can do cash + points on basically any Choice redemption for 0.9 cents per point. That means that you're losing 10% of the value (if you can pay cash for Choice points directly) versus just using the travel eraser for general travel spend. I would love to see this be a 1:2 (1 Cap1 point = 2 Choice points) or even a 1:1.5 transfer partner; there'd be some real value then.
TYP transfers at 1:2 ratio and you can earn 2 points/$ with the Citi Double Cash. So hope C1 matches and also brings back JetBlue.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a way to transfer points directly to AU FF accounts?
Anyone? Chase and Amex seem to allow this, so hoping C1 matches.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:07 am

Anyone? Chase and Amex seem to allow this, so hoping C1 matches.
You could always test it with a couple of miles and see if it works.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
You could always test it with a couple of miles and see if it works.
Tried, but can't find a way online. Was hoping it could be done over the phone.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:15 am

..... also brings back JetBlue.
Likely not, due to their new partnership with AA. :-( I do wish there were more domestic options.

Tried, but can't find a way online. Was hoping it could be done over the phone.
You've already selected the convert rewards option and have gone through that process, or you can't find the option to convert rewards? I'm not sure what they'd be able to do over the phone, but you can try calling.

Last edited by EmailKid; Jan 5, 2022 at 11:13 am Reason: Back to back posts
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:58 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)

My credits posted the next day for flights.
I sent my Cap One VentureX miles to Emirates 3 days ago and they have not shown up yet - does anyone know the time frame of points transfers to Emirates?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:57 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)

just a DP- My Cap One to EK transfer did not go through - they said they were concerned about fraud
Great - I had second thoughts about parking it in EK anyway - so I just happily took back the points
Originally Posted by ffI
My credits posted the next day for flights.
I sent my Cap One VentureX miles to Emirates 3 days ago and they have not shown up yet - does anyone know the time frame of points transfers to Emirates?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Capital One transfer poll

Please read and respond to the Poll at the top of this thread. You may select more than one response. Your responses cannot be individually identified.

Please Reply to the thread with details about the airline or hotel partners that you used, any problems with the transfer process, and how long it took for miles or points to appear in your partner account(s).

Last edited by mia; Jul 12, 2022 at 11:09 am
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I've made two small transfers to Qantas thus far (<5000 points each), both posted instantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.