Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 Venture to Venture X upgrades including targeted offer

Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Is there likely to be an upgrade path for existing Venture Rewards cardholders?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:12 pm

I decided to upgrade from my Capital One Venture to the Venture X. Only thing I won’t get is the 100,000 points offer for the $10,000 spend. Took 5 minutes to upgrade and the Capital One app already shows the Venture X as my card.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I decided to upgrade from my Capital One Venture to the Venture X. Only thing I won’t get is the 100,000 points offer for the $10,000 spend. Took 5 minutes to upgrade and the Capital One app already shows the Venture X as my card.
I've been getting offers to upgrade to the regular Venture but without the bonus. I am going to give it some time to see if they offer an upgrade to X with the bonus.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC

Hi all,
I upgraded my Venture to Venture X today. I really think that this is an interesting product as it is the only "premium card" that by itself earns 2+ points on all purchases. It also conveys full priority pass to authorized users up to 4 at no extra charge. None of Chase, Cit nor AMEX matches at a price point essentially equal to $95 if using the travel credit on the C1 website which should not be that difficult. Also provides Visa signature benefits which I think includes primary car rental insurance. This is probably enough for me now to downgrade Prestige to Premiere.

Safe Travels
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone seen an offer to upgrade Venture One to X when you log into the website? I have been seeing an offer to upgrade to the regular venture but not to X.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone who has been offered a chance to upgrade online to either the Venture or the X ever been declined when applying for a new card? Trying to see if this is an indication of being approved.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Targeted: C1 Venture to Venture X upgrade offer

Has C1 ever offered an upgrade to a higher level card with some bonus miles? I have been offered an upgrade from VentureOne to regular Venture multiple times, but it has never included a bonus. Amex has done this with the Everyday card.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has anyone seen an offer to upgrade Venture One to X when you log into the website? I have been seeing an offer to upgrade to the regular venture but not to X.
I don't know all of the criteria, but I know that you have to have a credit limit of at least $10,000, due to the card being Visa Infinite and I think for the time being (or forever, I don't know) you can't switch to the Venture X if you have a Mastercard.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:29 pm

Targeted: C1 Venture to Venture X upgrade offer

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has C1 ever offered an upgrade to a higher level card with some bonus miles? I have been offered an upgrade from VentureOne to regular Venture multiple times, but it has never included a bonus. Amex has done this with the Everyday card.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targe...upgrade-offer/
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:28 am

This is a surprise! I wonder if they'll honor this offer for those who upgraded before this was announced, I think it's worth a call.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
.... wonder if they'll honor this offer for those who upgraded before this was announced, .....
There is nothing to honor unless you are targeted for the offer -and- have already upgraded.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by mia
There is nothing to honor unless you are targeted for the offer -and- have already upgraded.
They might offer a "goodwill" credit in lieu of the promotion, for those who upgraded before the drop date; you never know unless you ask. 😊
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
This is a surprise! I wonder if they'll honor this offer for those who upgraded before this was announced, I think it's worth a call.
My guess is no.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
I received a very limited time offer(only good for 2 weeks) on Dec 8 to upgrade from the no fee Venture One to Venture X for the same 4k/75k miles as a new account would get. It was a nice Christmas gift.
Only thing is the upgrade bonus took a bit longer to show up compare to a new account. (took about 4 weeks instead of within 1 week.) Before that they sent me countless offers to upgrade from Venture One to Venture (95AF, not waived. no bonus) or Quicksilver (no AF, no bonus) like every once in a while.
I supposed I wisely waited long enough for them to offer something more valuable. It was a really long wait though and they only gave a really short 2 weeks window.. Glad I did not miss it.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yjc281
I received a very limited time offer(only good for 2 weeks) on Dec 8 to upgrade from the no fee Venture One to Venture X for the same 4k/75k miles as a new account would get. It was a nice Christmas gift.
Only thing is the upgrade bonus took a bit longer to show up compare to a new account. (took about 4 weeks instead of within 1 week.) Before that they sent me countless offers to upgrade from Venture One to Venture (95AF, not waived. no bonus) or Quicksilver (no AF, no bonus) like every once in a while.
I supposed I wisely waited long enough for them to offer something more valuable. It was a really long wait though and they only gave a really short 2 weeks window.. Glad I did not miss it.
That is a really good upgrade offer even when compared to other card issuers. I have been trying to upgrade my V1 to VX but was told I don't have that option.
dgross likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.