Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 card referral questions and issues (No offers in this thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

Does anyone know if this card has a referral offer yet? I was thinking about applying, and I've never held a C1 card before so I'd be eligible to give someone the referral bonus.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Does anyone know if this card has a referral offer yet? I was thinking about applying, and I've never held a C1 card before so I'd be eligible to give someone the referral bonus.
Yes there is. It's pretty decent, too. Primary card holders can earn up to 100,000 miles a year, up to 4 referrals per year; 25,000 miles per referral.

Last edited by Boogywoogy; Nov 19, 2021 at 7:57 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:01 am

got instant approval. Unlike chase cards w new release, looks like refer a friend is live already. We should get a conga going?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator clarification

Originally Posted by alaskaman
. We should get a conga going?
No. You may post a referral offer in this thread: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

Be sure to read the Wikipost at the top of that thread first, to understand how it works.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 7:12 am

Are there any data points yet on referral bonuses posting? I referred my wife and her sister through the Cap1 app, which was advertising 25K per approved referral. They both applied and were approved, but I haven't seen any points yet. I know the terms say it can take a long time, but typically with AMEX or Chase, these post quickly. It's been around two weeks on mine, and my statement closed, so I'm not sure whether I should worry yet.

Thanks for any info!
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Are there any data points yet on referral bonuses posting? I referred my wife and her sister through the Cap1 app, which was advertising 25K per approved referral. They both applied and were approved, but I haven't seen any points yet. I know the terms say it can take a long time, but typically with AMEX or Chase, these post quickly. It's been around two weeks on mine, and my statement closed, so I'm not sure whether I should worry yet.

Thanks for any info!
Keep in mind, you only get a bonus for referring someone who is brand new to Capital One credit cards.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

Thanks for any info!
Do they have any C1 products?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:17 am

Thanks for any info!
it posted after almost 4 weeks for me (not near statement date so its not related to that)
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife is a secondary user on my Venture 1 card. Does that disqualify her from getting the referral bonus?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
My wife is a secondary user on my Venture 1 card. Does that disqualify her from getting the referral bonus?
If you plan to refer wife for a new account, you'll be getting a referral bonus, and wife a welcome bonus. Her being a secondary user does not matter.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:23 am

Venture One cannot refer Venture X. If you're concerned about your wife not getting the SUB for the Venture X because of her being an AU on your card, then there's nothing to be concerned about; she'll get the SUB if the criteria is met.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
Venture One cannot refer Venture X. If you're concerned about your wife not getting the SUB for the Venture X because of her being an AU on your card, then there's nothing to be concerned about; she'll get the SUB if the criteria is met.
I have Venture 1 & X. I know she will get the SUB for X, I was curious if I would get the bonus for referring.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:23 pm

I have Venture 1 & X. I know she will get the SUB for X, I was curious if I would get the bonus for referring.
As long as you referred her via Venture X using the refer-a-friend link and she has had no credit card accounts with Capital One ever, you'll get 25,000 miles.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select

I've been reading that referral bonuses are only good for new customers. Does that mean if I've ever had a card, signing up with P1 link won't grant them a referral bonus? Or does it mean that since I'm not currently a customer, I'd be considered a new customer?

Had a Spark Miles Business card from 10/2019-10/2020, but haven't had an account with them since.

TIA
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
I've been reading that referral bonuses are only good for new customers. Does that mean if I've ever had a card, signing up with P1 link won't grant them a referral bonus? Or does it mean that since I'm not currently a customer, I'd be considered a new customer?

Had a Spark Miles Business card from 10/2019-10/2020, but haven't had an account with them since.

TIA
I think there is a post above that mentions this, but to save you and I time, the person being referred has to be new to Capital One. So, if you were referred Venture X by a friend, due to your previous relationship with Capital One, they would not get the referral bonus; but you would still be eligible for the SUBs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.